By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Cryptocurrencies and other important new technologies

Molby

Has anyone on here got any Ripple?

I've got like 1500.

The one and only person in the world who I trust on this stuff has told me that Ripple is the biggest pile of sh*te, amongst quite a few contenders! He hasn't told me why. I am seeing him at the end of the month and he said he'll explain all. Just thought I'd pass that little nugget on.

As for his credentials - yes, he is someone who would know.

I just like you guys. I'm doing you a favour. If it was some of the other cnts on here who held it, I'd have kept quiet.

Thanks! 

Edited by EC_Red

Hey, it might not turn out right. And he’s/I’m not saying “dump it now, or else you’re doomed”. But I wouldn’t want to be holding that one if/when (i.e. when) the tide turns.

I’m supposed to meet him on the 26th. It’s always a bit of a pissy affair when we meet ... so I’ll make notes so at least I’ll remember the next day :D

I’d like it to go back up, just a smidgen, before I cash out and leave some other dweeb to crash and burn.

the greater fool as we traders call them

it's a bit dog eat dog though - capitalism is supposed to bring great advancement, not leave people contemplating the wreckage of their finances while their kids have to go hungry and their wives divorce them

the greater fool as we traders call them

it's a bit dog eat dog though - capitalism is supposed to bring great advancement, not leave people contemplating the wreckage of their finances while their kids have to go hungry and their wives divorce them

Are such wives more disposed to divorce poor men, rather than rich men?

Are such wives more disposed to divorce poor men, rather than rich men?

men who suddenly lose their $

it can irk them

at least they're genuine; the tricky ones divorce rich men for the cash, the sneaky feckers

Edited by Molby

A new Japanese exchange launched today, with 27m registered users. Seems to have had an effect on the crypto trading. Unless it’s just a coincidence that prices have been rising since it opened.

Not quite true.

A company that operates an entertainment website which has 27 million regitered users has today opened a cryptocurrency exchange - the exchange itself has zero registered users and is not accepting account applications yet (until tomorrow).

So there is no obvious link between the exchange launching and any rice in prices of any currencies.

Any idea how they're going to comply with Dodd Frank on that one? Presumably the desk is market making but how can you possibly demonstrate that's all they're doing (and not prop trading) in a market as bonkers as crypto? What is the RENTD for bitcoin,for example? The bid/ask spreads will presumably be enormous.

Boring and financey,but it's interesting.

Don't kid yourself.

Reuters is reporting that the South Korean Police has confirmed it.

I don't see that it'll have a long-lasting impact, on its own. But it is happening. And other regulators will follow suit. It'll all take years but the desire/requirement is clear.

I'd say the only concern would be its threat to their currency.

It's all about tax evasion.

Edited by RP