Sign in to follow this  
RP

Welcome Mohamed Salah

Amazing how we have all the best players but never win the league

It’s because we also have the worst. Riise, Skrtel, Lovren, Mignolet and Moreno wouldn’t get to play in a pub team.

Because this is MO we're talking about

I wouldn't recommend looking at the Coutinho thread around page 150-60 when he signed his new deal til 2022 then.

Phil isn't MO

Explain to the group, the differences in his character that would indicate a greater likelihood of staying

You can't hold Arab players back from their relatively recent affinity with the Spanish clubs. Heaven forbid we try and forge any new affinities by having a load of brilliant players from around there.

I think the affinity is a product of those two Spanish sides being the best, most glamorous teams on the planet with the best most glamorous players on the planet playing for them. They are also in warm, glamorous locations.

Players want :

- to play for a team that wins Champions leagues regularly

- in nice places

- for lots of money

- for teams that the most famous players in the world play for.

Those are tough boxes to tick. We can try and tick just about one. Real and Barca are ticking them all, all of the time.

It's handy we've signed a player that has turned out to be a world top 3 player in his first season. A player that has gone from being worth £35m to £200m in 8 months. If we could pull that trick off every year and sell that player at the end of every year we'd very quickly become the world's richest club.

Say we sold Mo for £200m this summer. We'd then have £200m plus Coutinho's £142m burning a hole. Let's even let the owners off with a zero net spend, for argument's sake. £340m buys you a lot of replacement talent :

Lemar £80m

Werner £70m

Pulisic £60m

Zaha £60m

Baily £60m

There's 5 new attackers to partner with Mane and Firmino. 

I'm burning his shirt and converting to Christianity

Wtf has happened now? Can I stop this praying 5 times a day lark?

My sense of direction is pretty good, but fck me it's tricky to keep a track on which way Mecca is all day every day.

I think the affinity is a product of those two Spanish sides being the best, most glamorous teams on the planet with the best most glamorous players on the planet playing for them. They are also in warm, glamorous locations.

Players want :

- to play for a team that wins Champions leagues regularly

- in nice places

- for lots of money

- for teams that the most famous players in the world play for.

Those are tough boxes to tick. We can try and tick just about one. Real and Barca are ticking them all, all of the time.

It's handy we've signed a player that has turned out to be a world top 3 player in his first season. A player that has gone from being worth £35m to £200m in 8 months. If we could pull that trick off every year and sell that player at the end of every year we'd very quickly become the world's richest club.

Say we sold Mo for £200m this summer. We'd then have £200m plus Coutinho's £142m burning a hole. Let's even let the owners off with a zero net spend, for argument's sake. £340m buys you a lot of replacement talent :

Lemar £80m

Werner £70m

Pulisic £60m

Zaha £60m

Baily £60m

There's 5 new attackers to partner with Mane and Firmino.

Yer ma is a warm, glamorous location.