By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Lions

Gethin

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly if you didn't watch the game ;)

I've saved myself a couple of hours and a bunch of meaningless assumptions ;) 

Probably miss most of them live - unfortunately cooking breakfasts when they're on. Will watch them back on S4C later in the day 

I've saved myself a couple of hours and a bunch of meaningless assumptions ;)

Probably miss most of them live - unfortunately cooking breakfasts when they're on. Will watch them back on S4C later in the day

No point. You'll learn nothing :thumbs:

I know absolutely nothing about rugby but didn't they only get there on Wednesday? How are they supposed to be any good after getting off a 24 hour flight about 3 days ago?

They've been training together for a fortnight. Their opponents had been together for a week.

Their opponents didn't have a 24 hour flight and jet lag.

Let's just put that excuse to bed, for starters

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/05/31/lions-2017-sam-warburton-insists-side-will-not-use-jetlag-excuse/amp/

And their opponents weren't seasoned international players.

That was, or should be, the easiest game of the tour. It wasn't good. Significant step up across the board required on Wednesday.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/05/31/lions-2017-sam-warburton-insists-side-will-not-use-jetlag-excuse/amp/

That was, or should be, the easiest game of the tour. It wasn't good. Significant step up across the board required on Wednesday.

He might not use it as an excuse but even flying up front you're not gonna be 100% 3 days in.

Mid-week team have an incentive to get ripping now too.

Not making an excuse cos I literally couldn't care less about them I just thought it was mental they were playing so soon after arriving.