Sign in to follow this  
stressederic

History stuff

You found it ! They're not mine and i won't profit from them but i decided against bidding myself - i'd prefer to see them in a museum or published.

Yeah it'd be nice to see them head to a museum. I know various palces keep an eye on these sorts of auction but hard to say if they'll get involved. The good museums don't need to listen to me on such things and the bad ones won't!

Eric. I have a friend who is a pretty prominent historian who is very interested in speaking to you. Can I put him in touch with you? Let me know the best way. Thx.

That sounds suitably intriguing. Tell him the best way to get hold of me is likely through my University of Sussex email on this webpage: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/147717

Any indication of what he's got in mind?

He was been a speechwriter, author, college librarian and now one of the top guys in the Library of Congress. Great guy. He's an expert on the Civil War but is now focusing more on WW1. I told him about you and he is interested in making contact. I'll get him in touch with you.

Edited by New York Red

He was been a speechwriter, author, college librarian and now one of the top guys in the Library of Congress. Great guy. He's an expert on the Civil War but is now focusing more on WW1. I told him about you and he is interested in making contact. I'll get him in touch with you.

Cool sounds interesting. Tell him to email me whenever he wants. If it comes in over the Christmas period it might take me a few days to get back to him.

Looks like we are in business mate. You can Google Ted. He's an incredibly interesting guy. There was a conventional wisdom for generations that baseball started in the 1860's. Ted's research blew that out of the water and he advanced the start by a few decades. He's the real deal.

There was a conventional wisdom for generations that baseball started in the 1860's. Ted's research blew that out of the water and he advanced the start by a few decades

Mind blowing stuff that :)

There was a conventional wisdom for generations that baseball started in the 1860's. Ted's research blew that out of the water and he advanced the start by a few decades. He's the real deal.

Stoolball, in England from as early as 1330.

Looks like we are in business mate. You can Google Ted. He's an incredibly interesting guy. There was a conventional wisdom for generations that baseball started in the 1860's. Ted's research blew that out of the water and he advanced the start by a few decades. He's the real deal.

Yeah looks good, thanks for hooking us up. Though this is probably the time to say I know f*** all about the history of baseball.

I love his talks.

This made me laugh.

Yeah looks good, thanks for hooking us up. Though this is probably the time to say I know f*** all about the history of baseball.

That's a good thing. You won't need to waste time on talking about it.  :thumbs:

What was the Strasbourg dancing plague of 1518 ?

I’m very much not an expert on that period or sort of history but it was probably caused by something in the water or local food.

I’m reading ‘1946 - The Making of the Modern World’

My jumping on point for modern world history was 1919 but if you haven’t studied that period then you can just read this book and go from the end of the war

Edited by Molby

I literally f***ing hate Australia.

My mates look at me oddly when I say I don’t want to ever holiday. c***’s country from birth, rooted in their DNA and proudly lived up to to this day.

Jack Johnson was a remarkable character.

Astonishing man. So many parallels with Ali and that Ali won through was in part because of people like Jack. He really didn't give a f*ck, he was having none of their nonsense.

Didn't Johnson cheat on his ladies regularly and was also a wifebeater to boot?

Everybody has their little foibles.....