Sign in to follow this  
New York Red

Football rules changes

Not for me that one. You're not allowed to change things to go all out in the last 5 (assuming you go behind or there is a score change in the 85th min, for example)?

How about after 90 minutes is complete though? That'd work pretty well to stop timewasting.

No subs after 90 is a good idea

You would have to do though is have a method for indicating that you want to make a substitution beforehand though. Say you get your sub queued up on 88 minutes and the ball doesn't go out of play until 91 minutes, it's probably only fair that you're still allowed to make it.

Not for me that one. You're not allowed to change things to go all out in the last 5 (assuming you go behind or there is a score change in the 85th min, for example)?

True, but think the pros outweigh the cons. I hate the way the game is killed so often by the team in front with subs, time wasting etc

85 mins feels fair. Not long enough to overly suffer if you have an injury and no subs left, whereas leaving it until the 90th minutes just drags forward the pointless subs

You would have to do though is have a method for indicating that you want to make a substitution beforehand though. Say you get your sub queued up on 88 minutes and the ball doesn't go out of play until 91 minutes, it's probably only fair that you're still allowed to make it.

I reckon tough s*** if you don't get your sub on. Itd be a good tactic to try play keepball to spoil the oppos sub plan

5+ mins injury time is not uncommon so I'd prefer a timekeeper on the sideline stopping the clock for particular breaks in play rather than ending subs after a certain time.

That can happen now though.  Teams try to put a sub on at 92 mins and the ref blows up.  It's very, very rare though.  And, frankly, tough luck.

Obviously, the rule only applies to League games.  For cup extra-times you're allowed to make the subs.

Unless we deem to scrap extra-time.....

5+ mins injury time is not uncommon so I'd prefer a timekeeper on the sideline stopping the clock for particular breaks in play rather than ending subs after a certain time.

Me too. Thought this while watching the rugby last week. Although rugby matches are getting longer with all the "time Off"s from the ref

Might encourage teams not to deliberately time waste during the 90 I'd they know every of injury time will be played like that. Still wouldn't support it mind.

There's a place still for a well crafted 0-0 I reckon.

If the idea is to encourage attacking play, maybe consider bonus points in some shape or form. Extra point for every three goals or scored or something.

Edited by kop205

Scrap the early internationals in the season and have them at the same time as the Africa cup of nations.

Do away with offside in the box

That's a cracker right there.

I'd like to see some changes around penalties. The reward of a penalty is so often far greater than the offence merited.

Perhaps a penalty only where a clear goalscoring chance was  denied ? Otherwise a free kick from 2 yards outside the box.

I'd like to see some changes around penalties. The reward of a penalty is so often far greater than the offence merited.

Perhaps a penalty only where a clear goalscoring chance was denied ? Otherwise a free kick from 2 yards outside the box.

Is your real name Dorgie? Edited by whitewidow

Must all pitches must green? You switch on a game and it could be from any generic stadium in the world.

I'm just saying that if you had each club per league with a different coloured pitch it would make games instantly identifiable and shake it up a bit. Or perhaps club names painted in behind the goals like in the NFL.

Better yet... the pitch is a massive waste of advertising space. Clubs could bring in much needed revenue, to help boost that all-important net spend figure, by selling off chunks of the pitch much like the MotD/Sky post-match interview backgrounds.

UEFA is proposing a change to the format of penalty shoot outs because they feel that the team taking their penalties second is under greater pressure than the first.

Basically instead of going ABABABAB with the penalties, they will go ABBAABBAABBA, with the winner presumably taking it all. They're testing it in the European U17 Championships.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39798344

would be interested to see what the % is between 1st & 2nd.

What about ends? I've said for a long time that after 5 pens, they should swap ends.

The 2005 ECF, all 6 goals & pens were at the same end - Milan fans. We won so no bother, but imagine pens at the Kop in a semi say