Restaurants - pt.36

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FGTH are better than NO

What is indoor tenting ?

They really aren't. They were great though. 

We live near Tarporley - it's worth the 15 minute drive over! I'm always surprised Frodsham with it's nice high street doesn't have a few better bars and restaurants.

It's a ball ache getting back up that hill. Traffic used to be pretty bad through there as well. And then there's the aromatherapy drifting from Widnes. 

Another shout for Etsu by the way. Their shochu is really really good value as well, double the size you get in most restaurants. 

Liverpool is way behind Manchester for curries along with literally nothing else.

Apart from nawab (ala Carte one) if it is still there, even Manchester does not really have great curry places. I think the problem in the UK is the population have been fooled into thinking curries are about heat. I don't see a single North Indian/ Pakistani dish apart from nihari which is anything other than mild .

Do you really think that?

I like FGTH but New Order had a great run.

There's nothing a salesman likes better than a scheduled meeting, the open road, a full tank and a New Order cd.

I absolutely adore the fact that Bernard Sumner said his songwriting improved enormously on Prozac only to find out later it was a placebo. Proper order that is. Had himself off.

They did indeed get fat and tw*ttish but I was talking about who had the better bands in the 80s tbf

Yeah great then they all sued and slapped each other about and made faces st each other in court and dabbled with the far right. Mick never made a show of himself. He just got tremendously off his cake like he was supposed to.

There's nothing a salesman likes better than a scheduled meeting, the open road, a full tank and a New Order cd.

They might not be cool now, but their output from 76 to 91 was consistently great and often pioneering. They've been sporadically very good, since too. Latest album is a lovely listen.

They might be terrible lads but they're a great band.

They might not be cool now, but their output from 76 to 91 was consistently great and often pioneering. They've been sporadically very good, since too. Latest album is a lovely listen.

They might be terrible lads but they're a great band.

I've no urge to listen to NO ever again tbh. There's maybe the odd b side I liked where they sounded more throwaway about it but the processed stuff together with his voice leaves me quite a distance from them.

Yeah, always found them a bit soulless

But that's in comparison to the insane terror of JD so it's understandable that they tried to go somewhere else. I just don't see the salesman listening to She's Lost Control on the M6 without picturing him laughing.

a good way to listen to bands that you 'should' be listening to but for some reason you're not sure about

go on Youtube and watch great bands covering them, like in down time in the studio

eg watch Radiohead do New Order's 'Ceremony'

I think it might be worth the 2 mins out of your life

Just worked out why I keep referencing cars and salesman:

A lad gave me a lift to a wedding in Chelmsford, which btw was further away from Bethnal Green than I imagined. He was about thirty but was already ten years too old for his haircut. He tells me him and his (gorgeous, but well away) fiancée both work in the same West End dept store as personal shoppers, they are engaged by a customer and then pick out what they suggest they should...

And as I'm wondering whether it had been left to his parents to tearfully explain this to his grandparents he reaches over, turns on the CD and says "time for a bit of New Order I think".

Prejudice and conceit.

On my part that is. It's not the name of the album.