Sign in to follow this  
Boca

Transfer Thread

My opinion is that they have spunked an inordinate amount of funds on a player. That's good for us.

I'd prefer they didn't improve.

The ideal would’ve been no signings. The reality is though, they have money to spend and the fact they’ve spent a large chunk on those two is best we can hope for.

Pogba is toxic so hopefully he stays too, as well as Sanchez.

And the whole 'Pogba is toxic' stuff is just a bulls*** trope

If they make him stay, both he and his agent will be bad news for them if they don’t perform well immediately.

Why would you laugh at what they are spending. They are getting players that make them better. Why is that good?

Opportunity cost, they could have spent that money on someone excellent. He's worse than our 4 CBs by some distance in my opinion. He's better than Jones, Rojo and Smalling but I'd have Bailly over him if he could stay fit.

I think he's going to be exposed at United if they play a high line. He has thrived in two systems, a deep back 4 under Puel at Leicester and a 3 for England under Southgate both of which offer him more protection. He reminds me of Richard Dunne in a lot of ways and I think he's around the same level of ability, both have turning circles that are more like ellipses, both are good organisers and both are good in the air. Maguire is obviously miles better on the ball but he doesn't have the recovery pace Dunne had. He's not a bad player but he's not going to have any transformative effect on them.

Opportunity cost, they could have spent that money on someone excellent. He's worse than our 4 CBs by some distance in my opinion.

You really post some one-eyed stuff

Maguire is a good centre back, not as good as VVD obviously, but he will improve them. theyve overpaid but so what.

Maguire is a good centre back, not as good as VVD obviously, but he will improve them. theyve overpaid but so what.

He's about at Lovren's level. 

Don't see the Mancs getting close to top four again.

I'd agree except it would require chelsea or arsenal to be any good and I'm not sure either will be

Hopefully, Maguire will have an absolute mare with united trying to hold a high line. I can see him being used as a traffic cone with attackers running past him galore

Same. Unless the really pull a rabbit out of the bag before Thursday.

they were only 6 points from 3rd last year - their great failing v the other 3 (Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal) was their defence. Signing Bissaka & Maguire may not be enough but I wouldn't write them off

I'd agree except it would require chelsea or arsenal to be any good and I'm not sure either will be

Think the four teams with the best managers will be top 4. United and Chelsea have literal novices in charge. 

In the valley of the blind...

Apparently Bournemouth have quoted Leicester £75m for Ake. I admire their gumption.

Ha - and why not?

Ha - and why not?

Absolutely. Everyone knows Leicester are now sat on a pile of cash and the deadline is on Thursday. I'd be quoting them mad prices too.