Sign in to follow this  
Boca

Transfer Thread

Most overrated CB in world football. Not quick, not good on the ball, slow turning, not bad at last ditch tackles and good in the air in a traditional English centre half way. United should have spent that money on De Ligt.

It's a small improvement though. He's nothing like the leap forward Van Dijk was. Crazy money for a player who just isn't that good and who probably won't get any better than he is now.

He'll score a few goals and they'll love him like he is their version of John Terry whilst continuing to be s***.

Where has the myth come from that he is good on the ball? He does the occasional mad charge upfield but never looks like he even has it under control.

If he was at Southampton yeah.

Not sure we'd sell him for 200mm

45mm profit would certainly eat into the amortisation column on the income and expenditure spreadsheet.

He'll score a few goals and they'll love him like he is their version of John Terry whilst continuing to be s***.

Where has the myth come from that he is good on the ball? He does the occasional mad charge upfield but never looks like he even has it under control.

Aye, he's no Matip

He's a modern day Neil Ruddock. I'm absolutely fine with United signing him when they needed their own Van Dijk. It's pure desperation stuff.

He’s not s*** but neither is he an £85m defender

He's just a good, solid defender. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just hilarious how much they've brought him for.

Love this. What a waste of money. It’s just like a good signing for us.

It’s not really a waste if it’s exponentially measured cos he does make them better but who knows right now..

Love this. What a waste of money. It’s just like a good signing for us.

Crazy post. They have signed a player that improves them in an area that needed improving. Not sure why we would celebrate this.

He’s probably going to score against us. Annoying big galoot.

exactly the way i'd describe him. A galoot.

(Also, He's like a big goon)

Crazy post. They have signed a player that improves them in an area that needed improving. Not sure why we would celebrate this.

My opinion is that they have spunked an inordinate amount of funds on a player. That's good for us. 

Even United don’t have unlimited funds. The fact they’ve spent 140mil on a right back and centre back is great. They’ll be more solid at the back, especially now de gea on 400k a week or whatever, but that wasn’t a challenge anyway.

Maguire cost more than our first choice backline all together.

I cant stand him and I think he's massively overrated but he does improve them I suppose and they just seem to be willing to keep on spending. They'll buy their way out of trouble sooner or later unfortunately.

£150m and counting this window, £75m last year, £175m the year before that, £160m the year before that, £140m the year before that, £175m the year before that.

It is incredible that they've managed to be so bad with that sort of spending really, it is almost impossible to think they can continuing being so s***. If the Lukaku/Dybala swap goes through then they've had a very good window really. If they were to get someone like Fernandes as well then it becomes excellent and they are basically a new side.

Edited by kop205

Spending is also relative. If you have a circa £200m budget (arbitrary figure) then £80m is a sizable chunk but you do have another 60% to play with.

Whereas if your budget is £40m then it’s a lot more problematic affording a fee like that.

Spending is also relative. If you have a circa £200m budget (arbitrary figure) then £80m is a sizable chunk but you do have another 60% to play with.

Whereas if your budget is £40m then it’s a lot more problematic affording a fee like that.

That is why on reflection I've stopped laughing a bit. I still reckon he is pretty crap but he's better than what they've got and they are showing no sign of slowing their spending so all they need is for him to steady them a bit and they will just keep on buying people. Their spending is astonishing in the last few years. They can't get it wrong forever and they are maybe only one forward player from being a lot better this year.

Only reason I’d laugh is cos their manager is crap.

Change 1 person and it all starts to look different over there. Poch in November and suddenly they’re back.

Change 1 person and it all starts to look different over there. Poch in November and suddenly they’re back.

He still has to cull a load of crap. Take a year for Poch to switch that lot on.

He still has to cull a load of crap. Take a year for Poch to switch that lot on.

He doesn’t need to cull them. He can just not play them

He doesn’t need to cull them. He can just not play them

And as and when he does cull them it all just adds to what they can spend anyway so it would be a pretty neutral situation for a new manager.