I reckon he would. His performances in his final six months would probably still make him our best player if he did that over a season.

Different prospect taking on a player who who has dropped a level and coming off the back of what has to be a bit of a personal defeat and figuring out what his second rate ambition is going to be now that his top pick didn't work out.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a don’t panic buy

£40m for Willy and £55m for Nilly. 

Immobile rumoured to replace Suarez at Barca. Not sure if this rumour has legs. Lazio say Immobile is not going anywhere.

Posted Images

I reckon he would. His performances in his final six months would probably still make him our best player if he did that over a season.

Different prospect taking on a player who who has dropped a level and coming off the back of what has to be a bit of a personal defeat and figuring out what his second rate ambition is going to be now that his top pick didn't work out.

Van Dijk is our best player by a mile. That won't change for a few years yet no matter who we sign.

We also had some crucial moments go our way.

We're going up against a team that has made 98+ points a habit, even without their best player.

Even if we can't get better we do need a squad more robust and capable of winning it all even if things don't go our way.

I prefer Mané wide left and Coutinho in midfield would leave a s***load of work for Fabinho and Hendo.

We’ve moved on - the dynamic in attack has changed since we were overly reliant on him, with the fullbacks creating more than Coutinho ever did

I’m of the opinion that it is better to get the next Coutinho but I just don’t buy that we’re better without him. His levels before he left were insane.

I get the squad argument but I think the front three has a better balance to it now.

Coutinho was obsessed with cutting inside and blamming one; Mané scores more goals and works harder defensively

I get the squad argument but I think the front three has a better balance to it now.

Coutinho was obsessed with cutting inside and blamming one; Mané scores more goals and works harder defensively

That’s all really valid to a point in my mind. I think that Phil had come out of that stage of just scoring that same goal and he was on course to get more goals than Mane has ever got. I also think that we would have found a way to get them all in without losing the solidity. Phil was at the club for like two days with VVD and never with Allison.

I don’t want to stray too far down this path as I don’t think we should try and get him anyway. We should get the next him.

How do you see Ox and Naby going there?

Oxlade-Chamberlain was starting to do that really well the season we bought him before his injury. There was a game at home to Newcastle where Rafa had got them set up really well but Oxlade-Chamberlain received possession between their midfield and defense and then traveled forwards with it. Their central defenders had to come forwards to meet him and it opened up space for him to slide in Salah who scored. That's the sort of thing I'm hoping from him and Keita this season. Someone who will pick up possession in the middle and then drive forwards to commit opposition players.

Oxlade-Chamberlain was starting to do that really well the season we bought him before his injury. There was a game at home to Newcastle where Rafa had got them set up really well but Oxlade-Chamberlain received possession between their midfield and defense and then traveled forwards with it. Their central defenders had to come forwards to meet him and it opened up space for him to slide in Salah who scored. That's the sort of thing I'm hoping from him and Keita this season. Someone who will pick up possession in the middle and then drive forwards to commit opposition players.

Ummmm, I believe I asked Earl. Yeah?

Ox has done well there but Keita has tended to play left side. I’d like someone who’d press there and help Firmino

Thanks Earl, that’s way better than stressederic’s response