18 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Our Thiago is the rumour but I was told Gini has signed too. 

We are heavy in CM though  and I think we only have 2 spaces available on the squad to meet registration quotas. 

What registration quotas? Squad size for the PL?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a don’t panic buy

£40m for Willy and £55m for Nilly. 

Immobile rumoured to replace Suarez at Barca. Not sure if this rumour has legs. Lazio say Immobile is not going anywhere.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

What registration quotas? Squad size for the PL?

Yes, I think it is applicable for ECL too. 

4 trained at club (or empty space)

4 further trained in nation (or empty space) 

17 Of any other status 

under 21’s are exempt.  

23 hours ago, Sion said:

How can City afford to pay Messi a giant signing on fee (or fee to Barca) and 50m a year in wages and meet FFP? That's probably at least 100m a year over three years. 

City will have to offload a few players to reduce their overall salary bill to comply with the Premier League rules on salary increases and offset the cost of any transfer/signing on fee. They also can make a loss for a few years as there is no issue about the owners supporting providing the loss does not exceed the UEFA FFP limit. They have the squad depth to do it as a result of the past spending which got them into trouble with UEFA. 

Whilst I think City can afford it, I am not sure that it makes sense in the long-term. Firstly, Messi's age is likely to mean that you have not got time to build a team around him as has been the case in the past 15 years at Barcelona and whilst he is obviously capable of winning games single-handed, City's strength in recent seasons has been the quality of their team play (as it has been ours). Messi, like Ronaldo, is more individualistic and would probably displace either Sterling or Aguero from their starting line-up. They may also have to sacrifice some squad depth to accommodate him as you cannot see a player such as Messi being rotated and therefore some of the fringe players might look to leave in addition to those they have to sell to balance the books. If they have him on their books for a few seasons it might stiffle their ability to strengthen in other areas as it did with United and Sanchez.

10 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

36 though. I don't really understand why they haven't bought Upamecano when they're throwing this money round. . 

ah but - they keep telling us he's 35. Which is technically correct for 3 more weeks. 

He'll be shot by Christmas in the PL

Everton May have agreed a fee for Allan, per reports from Italy. While I hate to admit it, that’s a good signing. He was being linked with a move to PSG for most of last season. Has played consistently well against us too. 

1 hour ago, jimmylibel said:

Everton May have agreed a fee for Allan, per reports from Italy. While I hate to admit it, that’s a good signing. He was being linked with a move to PSG for most of last season. Has played consistently well against us too. 

Plus James Rodriguez

Wouldn't be a bad window for them 

27 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

They’re both five years too old. Can’t believe they’re still in to signing older players who are stepping down to play for them. Gone great for them the last few years.

Rodriguez hasn't managed 30 league games in any season since leaving Monaco.

They are such a strange club. I know he's played for Ancelotti a couple of times before but there is almost just a vanity element to it. 'Look at us, getting this lad who was massively sought after (6 years ago)'.

A bit like when City bought the likes of Robinho (how the f*** did he play 100 times for Brazil, by the way?) - but then that is who they think they will be able to model themselves on.

6 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Rodriguez hasn't managed 30 league games in any season since leaving Monaco.

They are such a strange club. I know he's played for Ancelotti a couple of times before but there is almost just a vanity element to it. 'Look at us, getting this lad who was massively sought after (6 years ago)'.

A bit like when City bought the likes of Robinho (how the f*** did he play 100 times for Brazil, by the way?) - but then that is who they think they will be able to model themselves on.

Everything is about the now. They're too impatient to make a success of themselves. They seem to have this obsession with being a landing spot for players who've played for top clubs. Walcott, Iwobi, Gomes, Digne, Mina, Delph, and to an extent Rooney as oppposed to buying players to develop they can sell for £100m.

Sign more Richarlison's and less players who think they're doing you a favour and have no real motivation. Not a great sign that it's players they manager has had before either.

10 hours ago, jimmylibel said:

In comparison to the likes of Sigurdsson and Davies it’s a masterstroke.

14 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Plus James Rodriguez

Wouldn't be a bad window for them 

Would you say perhaps even that, were the summer window a competition, they'd be in a strong position in terms of victory? 

31 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Forum favourite, Aouar, is rumoured to be off to Arsenal

Does Ian Holloway do punditry work for anyone anymore - I'd like to hear him pronounce Aouar.

He only wanted to move to Juventus a week ago (supposedly). If we wanted him - and there has been a lot of suggestions that we do - and let him go to Arsenal (who are in a much worse financial position than we are) then that would be bizarre.