On 30/07/2020 at 14:05, growler said:

I love that martial cost more than mane and salah did. And that kepa broke record fee for keeper the week after we did. 

Martial is a good player and has probably justified the fee they paid even if he hasnt been a bargain

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story about him. He isn't a journalist. He sells tellies in John Lewis and pretends to be a journalist. 

Immobile rumoured to replace Suarez at Barca. Not sure if this rumour has legs. Lazio say Immobile is not going anywhere.

Paul Scholes must lurk on here    

Yeah highly unlikely they stick to the deadline. Probably Utd will lose a bit of face by paying what Dortmund want and Dortmund will lose a bit of face by extending the deadline so Utd can scrape together the cash. 

1 minute ago, sammy & a said:

I can't wait until your post about not signing him next summer. I'm genuinely excited.

Why would I do that? If he was available next summer and we didn't sign him I'd be very disappointed. Does my misery excite you? :(

4 minutes ago, Maldini said:

Chelsea close to signing Chilwell for £50m. I don't know how they're planning to make the books work

I think last season’s transfer ban helps them with that? They didn’t have any outgoing transfer fees and just incoming moment. Means now they’re just spending revenue they already generated over the last 12-18 months. 

1 minute ago, stressederic said:

I think last season’s transfer ban helps them with that? They didn’t have any outgoing transfer fees and just incoming moment. Means now they’re just spending revenue they already generated over the last 12-18 months. 

Still a big risk for them though I'd have thought, they don't know how much income they'll have this year. They made about £110m profit last summer with Hazard and a few others out and Kovacic the only significant in but they've already spent £90m on Ziyech and Werner and are apparently looking to spend another £140m on Chilwell and Havertz. Their transfer spend could be bigger than their income this year.

41 minutes ago, Maldini said:

Still a big risk for them though I'd have thought, they don't know how much income they'll have this year. They made about £110m profit last summer with Hazard and a few others out and Kovacic the only significant in but they've already spent £90m on Ziyech and Werner and are apparently looking to spend another £140m on Chilwell and Havertz. Their transfer spend could be bigger than their income this year.

Hopefully this is their Seth Johnson moment.

I think they’re going with the city approach - as in don’t give a crap. 

they had pulisic and kovacic last summer for the hazard money, and no major outs this summer, so not sure how they’re doing it.

Looks like the Wayne bridge of the Chelsea spending spree v2.0. 

10 hours ago, Maldini said:

Morata going for £50m+ this summer helps. Also sold Pasalic for £15m.

• Like 1