On 02/07/2020 at 12:16, Hightown Phil said:

It isn't just the injury record really. If you have a play around with this you can see just how drastically his output has declined. Also worth picking some random strikers and seeing what the graphs look like. It's staggering how he's changed. 

https://understat.com/player/647

That’s an interesting stat machine. 
Alcantara vs Wijnaldum is another interesting comparison.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a don’t panic buy

£40m for Willy and £55m for Nilly. 

Immobile rumoured to replace Suarez at Barca. Not sure if this rumour has legs. Lazio say Immobile is not going anywhere.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

That’s an interesting stat machine. 
Alcantara vs Wijnaldum is another interesting comparison.

Yeah, if you put Thiago, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Keita in, it's not great for Wijnaldum. 

54 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Kane seems to have lost 2 yards of pace, which also seems to have affected how the midfielders in behind fare when getting into the box

To be fair to him, he doesn't go anywhere near the box any more anyway.

On 02/07/2020 at 12:16, Hightown Phil said:

It isn't just the injury record really. If you have a play around with this you can see just how drastically his output has declined. Also worth picking some random strikers and seeing what the graphs look like. It's staggering how he's changed. 

https://understat.com/player/647

Interesting from that though is that he's outscored his xG, so basically he's still finishing difficult chances. Makes you wonder how much of his drop off is to do with his team mates or tactics.

Pogba looks like he's staying at Utd. Not sure how I feel about this. He's obviously brilliant but he's been pretty average for them and there's every chance that when they start losing again he starts playing up.

On 09/07/2020 at 14:07, Dan said:

Pogba looks like he's staying at Utd. Not sure how I feel about this. He's obviously brilliant but he's been pretty average for them and there's every chance that when they start losing again he starts playing up.

There were some question marks about Martial's attitude too, but he looks back to his best and is a phenomenal player. 

Through gritted teeth - they do look a lot better of late, Utd, although De Gea's form has dropped off a cliff. And they have a poor manager so maybe no need to be too worried just yet. 

Edited by Tommok
6 minutes ago, Tommok said:

There were some question marks about Martial's attitude too, but he looks back to his best and is a phenomenal player. 

Through gritted teeth - they do look a lot better of late, Utd, although De Gea's form has dropped off a cliff. And they have a poor manager so maybe no need to be too worried just yet. 

They'd be in a relegation battle if they didn't get the 325 penalties they've been awarded this season 

They look better but they're just having a hot spell at the minute. They've scored 14 of their last 28 shots on target and 14 goals from an xG of 7. While playing teams who aren't very good. They weren't as bad as people thought in the Autumn, they aren't as good as everyone thinks they are now, they're a reasonably good team who aren't near us or City.

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

We're 34 points ahead of them and they only look good relatively because everybody else apart from City isn't really up to much. 

On 10/07/2020 at 17:24, Tommok said:

Paul Scholes must lurk on here ;)

I love the way they’ve become the ‘this is our year’ brigade when apparently that used to be us. Fantastic.

Neville said it last year. Good shout that.

Edited by Leo No.8
59 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

I love the way they’ve become the ‘this is our year’ brigade when apparently that used to be us. Fantastic.

Neville said it last year. Good shout that.

cant see them having to sit out 30 years though. Too much money in it now. If they make top 4, they’ll keep ole and that will delay change a few years maybe but that continual investment will eventually pay off. 

I’m having great fun with united friends in the meantime though! I think ole is nearly at Moyes point total. And their spend is close to man city now. 

18 hours ago, growler said:

cant see them having to sit out 30 years though. Too much money in it now. If they make top 4, they’ll keep ole and that will delay change a few years maybe but that continual investment will eventually pay off. 

I’m having great fun with united friends in the meantime though! I think ole is nearly at Moyes point total. And their spend is close to man city now. 

We outspent them for years in the 90s and 00s and it got us nowhere because we were firefighting. We'd sign 5 players for 8-10m each and 2 or 3 would be useless. Whereas United would just go out and buy a 30m player to supplement their already winning team. It's a strategy we need to be copying. 

19 hours ago, growler said:

no one thought it was going to take us 30 years, and the league is harder to win now with us, city, Chelsea all in a better position than united at the moment 

Look at arsenal, it's been 17 years since they won it , and they don't look like they're going to win it any time soon