Sign in to follow this  
Molby

Vinyl

So I decided to do something constructive and am in the middle of alphabetising my vinyl...1st time my records will be in order and not just random groupings.

Also started cleaning the f***ers too.

And after God knows how long i cleaned my amp (switches and contacts etc)...was pleased it made a considerable improvement.

Amazon market place is mental...Neil young 2nd hand old ways is going for over £100 and about £20 on ebay and discogs etc.

Hope springs eternal.

I may sell all the inherited Billy joel albums i have on there for a grand. Who buys 1 Billy Joel anyway never mind five of the f***ers.

You're right. There are some utterly mad prices for some very ordinary and/or hugely uncollectable artists/labels. I'm sure there are (to take your example) Billy Joel fans out there but anyone who isn't is not going to be thinking about spending significant money on a second-hand casual vinyl purchase and I would imagine most fans would already have that stuff. 

Difficult to tell isn't it. I've wondered that before - if the listing disappears it could be because it's sold, but it could just as easily be relisted with a more realistic price or taken down altogether because there are no biters..

Discogs seems to be the best place to judge a proper value, things sell way more quickly on ebay but not necessarily for the right price.