Sign in to follow this  
Molby

Vinyl

Yeah. Not going to impact on things in Europe in the short term, but we’re waiting to see what the impact is in the longer term. I suspect someone else will replace Apollo. Already some talk about it. If there’s disruption I suspect that it will be in the medium term and in the USA.

Also, 3 out of 4 biggest plants in Europe (which also have the best quality worldwide) have Direct Metal Mastering so they already have a work around where they don’t need lacquers

That's good to hear, ta.

Got a shedload of stuff over the last week or two so need to have a bit of me time over the weekend to try and catch up on it all. Some brand new (Grimes, Soccer Mommy, Unthanks) some recent-ish (Bill Fay, Tindersticks), some ancient (Gong, The Wake, Stomu Yamash'ta, Eberhard Schoener) and a couple of new Bowie boots.

10 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Got a shedload of stuff over the last week or two so need to have a bit of me time over the weekend to try and catch up on it all. Some brand new (Grimes, Soccer Mommy, Unthanks) some recent-ish (Bill Fay, Tindersticks), some ancient (Gong, The Wake, Stomu Yamash'ta, Eberhard Schoener) and a couple of new Bowie boots.

Bill Fay newb is lovely innit 

Dunno yet. Hoping to find out over the weekend. His comeback over the last few years is one of the most joyous artistic things I think I have witnessed.

Some of Robert Forster's back catalogue has been re-released on vinyl in nice new packaging. Ordered the first couple earlier in the week.

Have also been buying, second-hand, a few of those Peel Sessions that were released on Strange Fruit records in te late 80s/early 90s.  I had about twenty or so of them already but have more or less doubled that recently and there's some bands whose music is completely new to me (even though I'd head the names before) - Eton Crop, Amayenge, Stupids etc. But amongst those I was already aware of there are some really nice little nostalgia bursts. Especially liked the A Guy Called Gerald one.

7 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Some of Robert Forster's back catalogue has been re-released on vinyl in nice new packaging. Ordered the first couple earlier in the week.

Have also been buying, second-hand, a few of those Peel Sessions that were released on Strange Fruit records in te late 80s/early 90s.  I had about twenty or so of them already but have more or less doubled that recently and there's some bands whose music is completely new to me (even though I'd head the names before) - Eton Crop, Amayenge, Stupids etc. But amongst those I was already aware of there are some really nice little nostalgia bursts. Especially liked the A Guy Called Gerald one.

Yeah - definitive versions, right there

7 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

hydrated or dehydrated piss?

Reminds me of that Sean Locke line - "complexion the colour of a hangover piss".

• Haha 1

gives no further indication as to the colour of the vinyl but I suppose it's very good

2 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

gives no further indication as to the colour of the vinyl but I suppose it's very good

Like the colour of Tooheys New

• Haha 1

I’ve had quite the Discogs binge since lockdown.

Beta Band 3 EP’s, Kraftwerk Trans Europe Express, Aztec Camera, Orange Juice, some other stuff I’ve forgotten probably.

Half blaming the Tim Burgess listening parties.

4 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Postman delivered the new The Chats album, on piss coloured vinyl. It's great raucous stuff.

At the moment for me that'd be luminous yellow - I'm taking quite a few vitamin supplements at the moment

The new Chats album is good fun.

12 minutes ago, Tommok said:

At the moment for me that'd be luminous yellow - I'm taking quite a few vitamin supplements at the moment

The new Chats album is good fun.

An enduring image