Sign in to follow this  
Molby

Vinyl

Went through the 'after sale' catalogue of an auction of vinyl records earlier on - so I could see the final prices. Mainly 80s indie jangle pop but with a bit of punk and new wave in there as well. The prices that some of them ended up with were mind-blowing. Sarah Records 7" singles in particular were fetching extraordinary money.  

I ordered the vinyl repress of the MBV albums last year and they ended up sending me two of each. I kept one lot sealed and I've just had a look on discogs and Isn't Anything is going for £250 with Loveless going for around £175. I don't reckon Isn't Anything will go for £250 though

Nice

Edited by pipnasty

UK’s best selling vinyl albums: January – June 2019

1. Queen – Greatest Hits 
2. Billie Eilish – When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go
3. Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures
4. Fleetwood Mac – Rumour 
5. Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
6. Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon
7. David Bowie – Legacy 
8. Various Artists – The Greatest Showman soundtrack 
9. Foals – Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 1
10. Nirvana – Nevermind

UK’s best selling vinyl singles: January – June 2019

1. Liam Gallager – ‘Shockwave’
2. New Order – ‘Ceremony’
3. David Bowie – ‘Boys Will Keep Swinging’
4. Idles – ‘Queens’
5. David Bowie & Rebels – ‘Revolutionary Song’
6. Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – ‘Wait And Return’
7. Kate Bush – ‘Cloudbusting’
8. Morrissey – ‘Wedding Bell Blues’
9. U2 – ‘Euphoria’
10. Queen – ‘Bohemian Rapsody’

The "new" Ladytron album arrived last week when I was away after being held up from shipping for six months or so because of Pledge Music's parlous financial situation,  And of course, I wasn't in so now I've got to go to the local Post Office depot to collect it.

I joined a vinyl raffles group on Facebook a while back. I have had really good wins. I am only interested in Bowie rarities but I've won four in the last few months, a couple of which in particular are just magnificent things. It works in a really efficient way and the people involved seem to be pretty good eggs almost without exception. A nice discovery...

Edited by charlie clown

Got Yabby You & The Prophets Beware Dub, couple of tracks remastered from original pressing as the masters have gone missing, still decent sound tho.

I won a Bowie boxed set in an online raffle last night, I'm absolutely made up about it. It sells for about £130 and has only been issued in a very limited quantity. I paid £3 for my raffle ticket.

Edited by charlie clown

I joined a vinyl raffles group on Facebook a while back. I have had really good wins. I am only interested in Bowie rarities but I've won four in the last few months, a couple of which in particular are just magnificent things. It works in a really efficient way and the people involved seem to be pretty good eggs almost without exception. A nice discovery...

Where can one find this group, clown?

Where can one find this group, clown?

Facebook. It's called BowieRaffles (all one word) and there is a similar one called BOWIEbay (again, all one word).  

Edited by charlie clown

It came to my attention that the first album (10" Vinyl) of the band I used to be in is selling for £50 on discogs and the like. On discussion of this with another former member of the band he revealed that it should probably be worth more as only 500 were ever made and that fact was never publicised.

I'm now trying to figure out how to ethically make this public knowledge in an attempt to drive up values.

It came to my attention that the first album (10" Vinyl) of the band I used to be in is selling for £50 on discogs and the like. On discussion of this with another former member of the band he revealed that it should probably be worth more as only 500 were ever made and that fact was never publicised.

I'm now trying to figure out how to ethically make this public knowledge in an attempt to drive up values.

Isn't it only unethical if you've still got 400 of them in the cupboard under the stairs?

Isn't it only unethical if you've still got 400 of them in the cupboard under the stairs?

He did mention that he used to go into a couple of shops in Carmarthen and buy up as much stock as he could, so maybe he's the one driving the market...

One of the 2 vinyl lacquer mastering plants in the world has burnt down.

Yep nightmare.

One of the 2 vinyl lacquer mastering plants in the world has burnt down.

Yeah. Not going to impact on things in Europe in the short term, but we’re waiting to see what the impact is in the longer term. I suspect someone else will replace Apollo. Already some talk about it. If there’s disruption I suspect that it will be in the medium term and in the USA.

Also, 3 out of 4 biggest plants in Europe (which also have the best quality worldwide) have Direct Metal Mastering so they already have a work around where they don’t need lacquers