Sign in to follow this  
Molby

Vinyl

I saw that the other day - I love the FUSE stuff but they can f*** off with that. Anyway, I've got the album and 12"'s on vinyl already.

Unreleased = not very good at the time of recording.

Generally yeah but I suspect that Ritchie Hawtin, like Aphex Twin, has tons of amazing stuff lying around that he hasn't ever released.

Generally yeah but I suspect that Ritchie Hawtin, like Aphex Twin, has tons of amazing stuff lying around that he hasn't ever released.

I'm a big fan of Hawtin but he has put some rubbish out, I don't think he is the type to hold back on something really good.

Bought a couple of limited reissues today on Best Record Italy.

The Countach - Aqua Marina

Band Aid (not them) - A Tour In Italy

A new monthly vinyl subscription service based in Dublin with free postage to UK & Ireland - €25-30 a month depending on the length of your subscription

https://lovesvinyl.com/

Are the chaps saying vinyl is better genuinely testing it blind? I'd find it hard to believe the human ear, at age 40+, can pick up the difference.

Hearing loss as you age is usually just losing the ability to hear higher frequencies, these usually aren't as present in vinyl anyway as mastering engineers have to reduce the volume of higher and lower frequencies so the needle won't fly off the record, they can't compress/limit it as heavily either. It definitely sounds different for those reasons but there's also the fact that a lot of people listening to digital music, whether it's CD or streaming, are passing it through terrible digital to analogue converters. The difference between listening to a CD on a standard system and listening through a good DAC is almost as stark as the difference between £10 earphones and £250 headphones,

never so sure of those subscription things really

Yeah, I'm wary of em usually, these guys seems to be picking good stuff though.

Yeah, I'm wary of em usually, these guys seems to be picking good stuff though.

The quality of their vinyl is not the best though.

Really? How can you tell?

Obvious things like excessive surface noise, crackles and pops. It’s not easy to make a good record. So many variables to factor in. Even the best factories can have big issues. Including ours

Record Store Day Saturday. I've just got the mondo rerelease of the Big Lebowski soundtrack so my vinyl budget is pretty done this month, I'm going to try for the Sunn O))) and the Saxon one.

A Man Called Adam are doing a live performance in Picaddilly Records in Manc on Saturday. Reckon I'll pop along for that.

Record Store Day Saturday. I've just got the mondo rerelease of the Big Lebowski soundtrack so my vinyl budget is pretty done this month, I'm going to try for the Sunn O))) and the Saxon one.

I got the 40th anniversary copy of the Halloween soundtrack from mondo recently. Very nice.

I've a got a little list on my phone. The place I go to (Kaleidoscope in St.Helens) often doesn't have everything I go for but I'd rather support a small shop like that and take my chances on picking up later the other things from elsewhere that they don't have in stock, than go too one of the more well-known places like Probe or Piccadilly where the queues will be round the  block. 

Beautiful sounding reissue on Pressure Sounds of the almost unobtainable Walls Of Jerusalem by Yabby You and King Tubby, studio outtakes and extra tracks included, proper stuff if you like your dub.