By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Vinyl

Molby

26 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I've put some stuff in for the next Beatles one, some stuff from McCartney's 1989 World Tour.

That Led Zep poster was mad, even more how much it went for.

Due to local interest this Stones poster would have been amazing

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-410---the-rolling-stones---cardiff--pembroke/?lot=5494&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=16&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=1&pp=48&pn=9&g=1

Those gigs never went ahead did they?

53 minutes ago, Dan said:

£400 is cheap! Which model are they?

Presume they don't support Rekordbox? It's not perfect but it does allow you to organise your files into playlists quite well.

One of the biggest drawbacks of digi over vinyl is the lack of visual cues from your record sleeves.

CDJ 400. Years old. Na, they don't support Rekordbox. I think they were the first to take USB. I didn't want to spend much in case I didn't really like them, and wanted something that didn't need a laptop. Forwarding through a USB track is a lot slower than vinyl too on these. I know you can save cue points on some CDJs so you never have to do it again but I seriously doubt you can do it on these and have it save to the USB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tobes Rafa said:

https://www.spiritualized.com/collections/store

She will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine. 

Nice. 

I've got one of those white LGM t shirts and the white sections of print and the figures glow in the dark, mine is an original from the time of the album release. I did see them advertised for a frankly bonkers £500 or so - worried these new ones will affect the value now ;)

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Tommok said:

Nice. 

I've got one of those white LGM t shirts and the white sections of print and the figures glow in the dark, mine is an original from the time of the album release. I did see them advertised for a frankly bonkers £500 or so - worried these new ones will affect the value now ;)

Was just coming here to say sell sell sell! 

4 hours ago, Tobes Rafa said:

https://www.spiritualized.com/collections/store

She will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine. 

Ordered immediately 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommok said:

Yeah I probably should altho the value has probably already plummeted :)

Best keeping it anyway, you’re probably one of a handful of people who have an original. 

I, on the other hand, am just a Johnny come lately of Spiritualized merch. You’re a purist. 

Edited by Stanley Leisure
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Best keeping it anyway, you’re probably one of a handful of people who have an original. 

I, on the other hand, am just a Johnny come lately of Spiritualized merch. You’re a purist. 

Yeah I probably will end up keeping it, altho perhaps more out of laziness than anything. 

It's actually not very comfortable to wear as the print on the front is quite thick and heavy and doesn't feel nice on. That's why it's been tucked away in a drawer at my mum's house for nearly 20 yrs and is in good nick. 

I'd actually be interested to hear what the new ones are like because if they are comfortable I might get one to wear :)

• 2 weeks later...

Two new records arrived today - Saint Etienne's  Fox Base Beta and a new Bowie bootleg from the Heroes/Isolar II tour in 1978. Lovely packaging and in dark green vinyl.

It's been a bumper week - had about a dozen records arrive so I'm hoping we'll have at least a little bit of bad weather over part of the weekend so that I have an excuse to stay in and listen to them. Only managed to play a couple of them so far.

17 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Two new records arrived today - Saint Etienne's  Fox Base Beta and a new Bowie bootleg from the Heroes/Isolar II tour in 1978. Lovely packaging and in dark green vinyl.

It's been a bumper week - had about a dozen records arrive so I'm hoping we'll have at least a little bit of bad weather over part of the weekend so that I have an excuse to stay in and listen to them. Only managed to play a couple of them so far.

What's on the Fox Base Beta that's not on Fox Base Alpha, CC? 

It's exactly the same track listing but it was a whole new mix that was issued as a fanclub only edition. I don't if I've just been lucky tracking  down a rare copy of it or if Heavenly have just done a proper release now.

Edited by charlie clown

1 hour ago, charlie clown said:

It's exactly the same track listing but it was a whole new mix that was issued as a fanclub only edition. I don't if I've just been lucky tracking  down a rare copy of it or if Heavenly have just done a proper release now.

Ah of course, it's the Richard X reworking isn't it? 

No idea if it's rare - but it's not on Amazon or Spotify tho. 

I've heard the version of Only love can break your heart reworked by Richard X and it was pretty decent. Not heard the rest of the reworked stuff tho. 

19 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Yeah, that's the one. I see em on ebay but usually at bonkers prices so was pleased to get this relatively cheaply. 

I see on their website it's marked as "last few copies" and is £20.

Be interested to hear what it's like. 

Just reporting back on the above mentioned stuff - had a listen to Fox Base Beta and I'd say it is OK+. Really enjoyable but a fair number of the tracks weren't hugely different from the originals. Having said that it's a fair old while since I listened to Alpha so I might not have picked up on all of the deltas.

In other news the opening track on the new Tindersticks album is possibly the weirdest thing they have every released. It's like they've just discovered sequencers and have decided to do a dance track but gave up and tried to steer it back to what they usually do but weren't sure how. It is utterly bonkers. It's like Massvive Attack on mogadon,

Jane Weaver's new album is fabulous but I'm a bit hacked off with it because it is the worst pressing of a brand new record that I have every heard. The amount of pops and crackles is unbelievable. I've e-mailed a complaint into Piccadilly Records this morning.

• Like 1