By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Steven Gerrard

Earl Hafler

18 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Well, the majority of the world is not arsed. Those that are arsed worldwide probably do want us to do it, but the vast majority of those who are arsed in this country want us to fail comically. 

They've been wanting that since the middle of February.

8 hours ago, psl said:

Could have asked for the f***ing Rodri handball to have been given.

Yeah we've dropped stupid points but that was incompetence of the highest order out of our control that sticks in the throat 

4 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Yeah we've dropped stupid points but that was incompetence of the highest order out of our control that sticks in the throat 

He should’ve been sent off ten times over v Arsenal too and scores the winner. Then gets booked for taking his shirt off then creases someone and doesn’t get sent off. There’s always one of theirs who rises to be a pain in the ass and this season it’s been him.

4 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Reckon Stevie's going to be hating all this. Whatever he does for the next two games there's gonna be some groups of fans, possibly including some of his own giving him s*** for something.

Nah, he's loving it, it's the reason why he left the chance of more trophies with Rangers, he knew that he'll play a part in helping us win the league in the final game of the season

11 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Reckon Stevie's going to be hating all this. Whatever he does for the next two games there's gonna be some groups of fans, possibly including some of his own giving him s*** for something.

I reckon he loves it and is desperate to do something.  

7 minutes ago, psl said:

I reckon he loves it and is desperate to do something.  

Realistically he's gonna be at Villa for a couple of years at least, if their fans reckon he's making decisions on what's best for Liverpool (which I don't believe for a second he'll do, that's just where the narrative will go) then it's gonna make life difficult there for him.

Just now, Gethin said:

Realistically he's gonna be at Villa for a couple of years at least, if their fans reckon he's making decisions on what's best for Liverpool (which I don't believe for a second he'll do, that's just where the narrative will go) then it's gonna make life difficult there for him.

Just has to try to get a result so not sure how there could be any criticism of him.

I don't think he will rest anyone against Burnley or anything, although Buendia and Coutinho seem to be battling for a place so they may get one of the games each.

1 hour ago, crouchinho said:

I hope we have armed Stevie with all the data we have on City. No stones unturned. What’s the use of world class analytics if we don’t use it now. 

https://talksport.com/football/937362/

Wasnt he in regular contact with Klopp while he was at Rangers? I reckon he still is...

1 hour ago, Nate. said:

If he hoofs it he might make the lap of honour after the game.

Chopper should be on standby

The trophy is likely to be in Manchester in preparation for the most likely outcome on Sunday. If Stevie's Villa get a result at City and we beat Wolves, Stevie can pick up the trophy for us and bring it with him for the presentation. They may even allow him to hand it to Jordan as it would make great television. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

Well, the majority of the world is not arsed. Those that are arsed worldwide probably do want us to do it, but the vast majority of those who are arsed in this country want us to fail comically. 

That ship kind of sailed a long time ago though really.

No serious person could regard the season as a failure now, no matter what happens in the next 10 days.

I couldn't care less what others want to happen anyway.

On a purely footballing level, I've never been prouder of the side than I have over the last 12 months.

If we win it then happiness will be off the scale. If we don't, then we don't. 

I want to win the league more but given how it has all played out not winning the European Cup would feel like more of a missed opportunity.

I'll be going on Sunday far more relaxed and at peace with stuff than I was in 2019. I just intend enjoying our game pretty much regardless.  Only way I really come away feeling sick is if they drop points and we do too, or they snatch it last minute or something but even then I'd get over it....probably.

I said a while back that the universe has a massive kick in the balls waiting for them. Maybe it was Real Madrid. Maybe it wasn't and there is more to come.

I'm happy to hand it over, not in expectation, not even really in hope, just in acceptance of whatever. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Gethin said:

There’s no conflict of interest is there? Get points for Villa, and that happens to help us 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, RaoulD said:

The trophy is likely to be in Manchester in preparation for the most likely outcome on Sunday. If Stevie's Villa get a result at City and we beat Wolves, Stevie can pick up the trophy for us and bring it with him for the presentation. They may even allow him to hand it to Jordan as it would make great television. 

They have a replica don't they? so can have another at another venue just in case