By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

NFL/Fantasy Football 2016/17

jonnyc

3 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

Bears went from Wilson to Dalton!

Even he should be an upgrade at QB but Bears now face salary cap issues and are having to let some of their best defensive player go.

Releasing Kyle Fuller is a disaster he’s a top five CB in the league, and if Hicks goes too we will be horrendous. No clue why we kept Pace and Nagy on hot seats if we are going into a full rebuild.

Will probably have to start it all over again next year.

On the basis of last season I’m not sure he is. But maybe the best thing the bears can do from him is win 2 games and get a top 3 pick.

12 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Wow. Just seeing this. That's a lot of collateral the Niners are giving up! Exciting though and presumably hoping for some draft picks back for Jimmy G.

If they're lucky the Patriots will go bats*** and offer them something, although I'm not sure they have the cap space left after the splurge.

Anyone else would be insane to offer the 49ers anything. 

13 minutes ago, drdooom said:

It's scary and exciting at the same time.

It's a ballsy move by Lynch. If we get a QB like all our previous 1st round QBs then its a disaster for 3 first rounders. They must be absolutely smitten with one of them.

11 minutes ago, Gerry said:

If they're lucky the Patriots will go bats*** and offer them something, although I'm not sure they have the cap space left after the splurge.

Anyone else would be insane to offer the 49ers anything. 

Niners making all the right noises about keeping Jimmy so hopefully squeeze a second round pick out of someone. Dolphins fans must be loving this.

Edited by D.Boon

I keep reading the Niners are built to win now. Giving up a fortune for a rookie QB isn't win now. Defensively they have a fair few holes especially secondary and I fully expected them to pick a CB with the first pick.

It's still exciting though.

Someone should tell Shanahan to shut the f*** up.....

“Now, if someone wanted something for that and it can make your team better in a lot of other ways, you listen to that, but also depends on how good you feel about that rookie,” Shanahan admitted. “We’re not there yet right now and odds are, we probably won’t be. That’s why we’re happy that we don’t have to be that way. We’ve got a guy in here who we know we can win with, a guy that our players love, that we love and we’re excited to have him this year and we’re excited to have a hell of a quarterback right behind him learning for when the time is his.”

On 09/04/2021 at 21:28, Hightown Phil said:

I think the only shock here is that a cursed team hadn’t traded for him. But then, the Texans couldn’t acquire him given they already had him.

Would have been the Bearsiest thing ever and we tried to get him pretty aggressively by all accounts.

• 3 weeks later...