Sign in to follow this  
jonnyc

NFL/Fantasy Football 2016/17

Those NFL deals look eye watering but are not real life figures. Chiefs fans will be delighted.

Big meeting between the NFL and players unions on restarting training camp and the pre season was a bit tense. The NFL wants each team to have a home and away pre season game to test protocols. The Union saying why risk it for meaningless games. Training camp starts in 3 weeks........

The Redskins have officially announced that they are changing their name.

19 hours ago, Swan Red said:

You could have done that without using the word in question like

Fair comment yeah.

• Like 1

A lot of NFL journalists are talking around a story involving Washington, sounds like it's gonna be a pretty major scandal when it comes out from everything they're hinting at. Washington Post are dropping it today apparently

Some bloke bought the naming rights to a load of potential names for the new Washington team so they now have to pay him a fortune to use. I may do the same with the London franchise.

The Pearly Queens

The Congestion Charges

The Krays

On 29/06/2020 at 06:56, Boca said:

Haha I missed this news with all the Liverpool content I've been catching up with all weekend.

Great move by the Pats. Delighted.

Looking forward to seein him play,Not sure about this look mind!

3yvqM2_0PgNLNDz00?type=thumbnail_512x288

Just now, drdooom said:

Jamal Adams to Seattle for two first round picks and change.Not cheap.

f***ing hell.

I mean our 1st round picks are normally terrible, so perhaps no great loss. Didn't see that coming though.

Edited by Gerry

9 hours ago, Maldini said:

Some pretty big names opting out of the season so far. 5 from The Patriots already.

Tanking for Lawrence 

Baseball didn't even make it a week before there was an outbreak in a team. I think you'd have to be pretty optimistic to think this NFL season is going to get played.

I wonder what the minimum number of players on a squad will be for a game to take place.what happens if a few q.b's start sitting out.i can't see the season going ahead especially with the rona numbers in the hillbilly states.

There was talk of putting QBs in isolation away from actual practice and game time. This will bring that into focus. Teams won't entertain not having their starting QBs available.

3 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Truly is a good job there’s no obese people playing the sport.

Well quite. Seems there's been a disproportionate number of defensive linemen opting out. Obviously there's a high proportion of BAME individuals in the sport as well which would make you even more nervous about the whole enterprise if you were in their shoes. I wonder if someone like Clowney will be tempted to just sit out this year rather than sign for a team.

14 hours ago, D.Boon said:

There was talk of putting QBs in isolation away from actual practice and game time. This will bring that into focus. Teams won't entertain not having their starting QBs available.

Might see Kaepernick finally get a chance if they keep dropping out. There were a few whispers that Russell Wilson was considering it