Sign in to follow this  
jonnyc

NFL/Fantasy Football 2016/17

15 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Haven't the Saints thrown a load of money at Hill and been telling everyone he's their next QB?

He's just signed a first round tender so it's possible he's seen in the building as Brees' heir (or the next Steve Young) but, given he's barely played back to back QB snaps as a Saint, I struggle to see him being better under centre than he is now as an explosive gadget player.

13 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

He's also had eye surgery and claims his vision has improved. Which could be very funny. 

Assumed when all this came out it was some ham-fisted PR to get him re-signed. Surely his employers would know if their franchise QB had impaired vision!

On the subject of the draft and "slave labour", the following sits a bit uneasily with me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001112422/article/saints-traded-back-into-draft-for-qb-panthers-wanted

QB wasn't likely to get drafted, had agreed a UDFA deal with the Panthers and weren't really entertaining any other offers, so the Saints traded back into the 7th round and drafted him. I'd be a bit pissed off if I were that lad.

Edited by Gerry

This bit in bold especially

To make the victory even sweeter, Payton fired off a couple texts as Stevens officially became a Saint. One to Brady, which read, according to Duncan, "Not so fast," and the other to Stevens and Baker: "I'm tired of asking. Now, I'm taking."

$630k a season for 4 years with the first year fully guaranteed compared to the $45k guaranteed the Panthers were offering

Yeah the lad doesn't sound that put out in interviews. Looks like both teams may get punished anyway as you're not allowed to offer financial contracts prior to the draft concluding.

In other news, the writing is on the wall for Trubisky. No 5th year option for him which probably means he's on his way out after this season. I wonder if Foles perhaps even takes his starting place.

And Andy Dalton signs for the Cowboys. Which is an odd one, since you'd have thought he was looking to still be a starter. Easy money I guess.

There aren't really many places that are grossly unhappy with the their QB situation which works against him when it comes to starting. Maybe even can go as far as saying anywhere at all.   

AFC North? Nope. AFC East? Maybe the Patriots but I dunno what their game is. AFC South? Maybe the Jags but they're almost certainly having a look at how they get Lawrence next year. AFC West? Raiders maybe long term which he wouldn't be. NFC North? Nope. NFC West? Absolutely not. NFC South? Again, nope. NFC East? Well he's ended up as back up there. 

I think he'd have been a better option than Rivers for the Colts, whoever the Bears are going to start with and probably whoever the Patriots and the Jags start but they probably have reasons why they aren't taking him. Turning the Jags from a 2-3 win team to a 4-5 win team is hardly worth the money they'd have to pay.

Edited by Hightown Phil

That Dalton to the Cowboys is a good move. A lot of seasons are sunk on having Matt Shaub level QBs as back up.

With Trubisky being on notice. That’s a hell of a lot of jerseys bought on a dud. Imagine passing on Mahomes and Watson for him. 

Edited by Benzo-13