Sign in to follow this  
jonnyc

NFL/Fantasy Football 2016/17

Yeah it's mad what's happened with the Niners - massive issues with the management of the team. Bit mental how Chip Kelly has gone down the pan too - he was seen as such an innovator in his first season in Philly but has been an absolute disaster since then. Does his system just not translate from college to the NFL?

Just trying to understand how I didn't make the playoffs in fleaflicker. I've got the same record as Suh's The Daddy and won our head to head. Plus have a higher average points score. Divisional records as the same. Or is it just the winner and runner up from each division? Fecking redsandskins stayed ahead of me on a tiebreaker!

i think its because suhs the daddy has the tiebreaker on redsandskins,  and redsandskins is ahead of you on a tiebreaker, could be wrong though.

its explained here

Tie

4-way tie among Suh's The Daddy, RedsandSkins, Kings of Leo, HTTR is broken down using Best division record (same division only) into 2 smaller ties. Best head-to-head record
For ties of 3+ teams, this is applicable only if one team has defeated each of the others or if one team has lost to each of the others.
 is used to break the tie among Suh's The Daddy, RedsandSkins; 3-way tie among RedsandSkins, Kings of Leo, HTTR is broken down using Best division record (same division only) into 2 smaller ties. Most average points/game is used to break the tie among RedsandSkins, Kings of Leo; Best head-to-head record is used to break the tie among Kings of Leo, HTTR
Edited by maldini11

Some horrible injuries today. Mariota (Tennessee) broke his leg earlier, and Lockett (Seattle) just broke his leg scoring a touchdown.

Browns win :o Niners get first pick for xmas.

Unless they win today.

Some horrible injuries today. Mariota (Tennessee) broke his leg earlier, and Lockett (Seattle) just broke his leg scoring a touchdown.

Unless they win today.

Horrific injury for Lockett (and wasn't even a touchdown to add insult to injury) . I wish they hadn't shown it again once you could see how clearly snapped his leg was. That was as bad as any of the football leg breaks I can remember. Real shame. Lockett is a great guy and was becoming an increasingly influential player

Seattle stinking up the joint today.

Even after they get a gift from Arizona. Down 14-3

They have been bad, but Arizona defence has been fantastic for the first half. Not sure they'll be able to keep it up though. 

Incredible. 31-31 and Seahawks miss the kick to take lead

Cardinals win with last second field goal. was a great game, but injuries gonna really hurt Seahawks

but injuries gonna really hurt

My two Fleaflicker QBs are: Marcus Mariota and Derek Carr. It's going to be rough in the final if I manage to get past Spam Marino.

Are broken legs common in NFL? Seahawks have 3 so far this season (Rawls, Thomas and Lockett), which seems freakishly unlucky, unless they're more common than I thought. 

Don't expect Seahawks to go too far in the playoffs. Offensive line is too weak, Wilson still doesn't look 100% and the injuries have taken their toll on too many key players. 

its a brutal sport, guys would die in the early 1900

Really is brutal. I used to think Rugby was more brutal because they wore so much less padding, but NFL really is crazy. I met a sports journalist recently and he was saying that the day after a game, many of the players can barely walk (which is why some hate the Thursday night game so much, because it means 3 fewer recovery days. 

Great win for the Steelers today. They win the AFC North after beating the Ravens.

Really is brutal. I used to think Rugby was more brutal because they wore so much less padding, but NFL really is crazy. I met a sports journalist recently and he was saying that the day after a game, many of the players can barely walk (which is why some hate the Thursday night game so much, because it means 3 fewer recovery days.

It's brutal at all levels, even high school. Some of the kids who get hurt at ages 15-18, never play again.

Lad at my son's school snapped his femur in August and has been told not to play football again.