Sign in to follow this  
Maldini

Mourinho NOT at United

Haha, not even close to Rafa, don't be ridiculous

Spurs had one decent European campaign under poch for starters, won nothing during his time there, and only got 80+ points once

It was similar, not the same. He’s a really good manager. I don’t think he’s as good as Klopp or Guardiola. I’d take him over this Mourinho. Couldn’t tell you about Allegri as don’t know enough.

Conte feels underrated.

Leaguewise, it's apt.

As i said, pochetino never got spurs in a proper title race

More Roy Evans than Rafa, regular top four finish with one decent European campaign

We were ranked number one in europe, therefore we were the best team in Europe, Macca is right

We were the best team in European competition. I don’t know if it’s the same thing

Kid Klopp and Jarg are talking sense and will be blessed with bounteous land and many children.

As i said, pochetino never got spurs in a proper title race

More Roy Evans than Rafa, regular top four finish with one decent European campaign

86 points, in the race til the 2nd to last game. Finished 2nd.

I've always thought Poch got a massive boost by basically lucking out into Kane

He's basically the reason spurs are where they are. They'd have never been able to buy a goalscorer like that.

86 points, in the race til the 2nd to last game. Finished 2nd.

They never really were in the race though were they?

Poch is good. He's at least a level below Klopp and Guardiola but so is everyone. Could see him doing well enough at the Mancs if he's given money. 

Hopefully OGS digs them further into the ground before Poch takes over.

They’ll probably qualify for CL now and spend a crap load and upgrade the manager.

Really hope Ole can secure 7th for them.

Poch has been seen at loads of games recently with Woodwards new PR guy according to my Manc brother. Suspect its a done deal for the summer.

Poch has been seen at loads of games recently with Woodwards new PR guy according to my Manc brother. Suspect its a done deal for the summer.

Bit classless to bring him to games while solskjaer is still in the dugout.

Think they were both at a Brentford game the other week. But so was Graeme Gooch and I don’t think he’s getting a job at United.

Bit classless to bring him to games while solskjaer is still in the dugout.

Well, it is Manu, after all.

We weren't the best side in our own league

At our best no-one could match us. We had the best starting XI plus 2 or 3 good subs after that it fell off dramatically. Depth did us, plus shooting ourselves in the foot at home to Chelsea in the 09 QF. That XI plus the current bench and we win it all

United won three titles in a row and a European cup between 2007-09. Barca won a treble.

We weren’t the best team in Europe.

United won three titles in a row and a European cup between 2007-09. Barca won a treble.

We weren’t the best team in Europe.

I used to think we were, but now I know it’s not true. Because now we are and it’s v different

I used to think we were, but now I know it’s not true. Because now we are and it’s v different

Basically, this.

We were a pretty darn good side then - especially in Europe and over two legs - but we're the best side in Europe right now.

After what happened with city I now believe anything is possible.

If they only take a point from their next six games, no that improbable really, and the bottom teams scrape together a few points over the next six games, they could be in a relegation battle by the time they play Brighton. Death spiral from there as they dont know how they ended up only beating Norwich in 2020 and before you know it, they've gone down.

This is what the compression of points in the table has all lead towards.

Edited by Kid Klopp

That’s it. This team is what truly great actually is.