Sign in to follow this  
Maldini

Mourinho NOT at United

If United fans wanted solidarity for their cause from other fans then:

a) stick to their own Yellow & Green cause without abandoning it every time they go on a decent run

b) stop singing horrific songs belittling people's deaths & misfortunes

excellently put

If United fans wanted solidarity for their cause from other fans then:

a) stick to their own Yellow & Green cause without abandoning it every time they go on a decent run

b) stop singing horrific songs belittling people's deaths & misfortunes

And round we go

You forgot the c**k & balls posted on the US Judge’s Facebook page.

I had forgotten that. Was brilliant. 

He also facilitated the deals that send £100mm’s into their club each year, which seems to be forgotten.

They still outspend nearly every, if not every, club on the planet. They’ve just put football people in charge of the team who’ve made a series of bad purchases. Currently they have a clueless club legend pulling the strings. They weren’t chucking stuff at Woodward’s house when he won his first 10 games. It was all “Ole’s at the wheel’ bolllocks.

And Yes the Glazer’s are fleecing their club too but it’s only ever an issue when they’re losing / we’re winning

In short they’re entitled pricks.

They’re not being destroyed, ffs

They spent £140m last summer. We spent £0

All of this is true. 

There's something fundamentally (and morally) wrong about a football club being fleeced.Even if it is them, and the huge amount of spoiled mouthbreathers that follow them.  

He also facilitated the deals that send £100mm’s into their club each year, which seems to be forgotten.

They still outspend nearly every, if not every, club on the planet. They’ve just put football people in charge of the team who’ve made a series of bad purchases. Currently they have a clueless club legend pulling the strings. They weren’t chucking stuff at Woodward’s house when he won his first 10 games. It was all “Ole’s at the wheel’ bolllocks.

And Yes the Glazer’s are fleecing their club too but it’s only ever an issue when they’re losing / we’re winning

In short they’re entitled pricks.

They’re not being destroyed, ffs

They spent £140m last summer. We spent £0

The Glazers have taken over a billion quid out of the club for nothing.

It's being run by morons at Board level, they're hiring s*** manager after s*** manager, giving s*** players massive over inflated contracts. When they do spend money they're doing it poorly because the structure in place is so crap. Old Trafford is on the verge of ruin and hasn't had investment in 20 odd years.

The only difference between H&G and the glazers is we didn't make enough commercially to cover interest payments.

Edited by Sion

He’s wrecking their club. 

He should be allowed to get on with his job in relative peace and quiet then - he doesn't need distractions like this

The Glazers have taken over a billion quid out of the club for nothing.

It's being run by morons at Board level, they're hiring s*** manager after s*** manager, giving s*** players massive over inflated contracts. When they do spend money they're doing it poorly because the structure in place is so crap. Old Trafford is on the verge of ruin and hasn't had investment in 20 odd years.

The only difference between H&G and the glazers is we didn't make enough commercially to cover interest payments.

It's not for nothing

their club is worth substantially more now than when they took it over, commercially they remain hugely successful

Moyes - Ferguson's pick

LVG - s*** manager? Have you seen his CV?

Mourinho - s*** manager? Have you seen his CV?

OGS - i'll give you that

They continue to outspend everyone - bar the Sheiks down the road 

in short - feck 'em

It's not for nothing

their club is worth substantially more now than when they took it over, commercially they remain hugely successful

Moyes - Ferguson's pick

LVG - s*** manager? Have you seen his CV?

Mourinho - s*** manager? Have you seen his CV?

OGS - i'll give you that

They continue to outspend everyone - bar the Sheiks down the road

in short - feck 'em

They’re the only team that could legitimately spend City money and remain within FPP (for what that’s worth). Them getting their s*** together would be a scary prospect

But what's the return on investment? They are already one of the wealthiest clubs anywhere and actually winning stuff will cost a fortune, without really shifting the needle much on the value: the joy of a very emotionally invested global customer base (fans)

Blackpool fans boycotting games eventually made some difference. What proprtion of their income comes from fans at the turnstiles? In particular when new fans will spend in the club shop as well as buy tickets on a match day

They’re the only team that could legitimately spend City money and remain within FPP (for what that’s worth). Them getting their s*** together would be a scary prospect

Is that still the case now? Definitely would have been under Ferguson. But the last 6-7 years have ruined their reputation. We've closed the gap significantly to the point where if we go deep in the CL and they don't finish top 4 our revenue probably eclipses theirs.

Do you believe that? Do you believe the human diaspora who support that club can be essentialised that way and ours as you describe? Is it helpful? I think it’s odd that Liverpool fans are happy to go there with fans of their clubs. We literally know what it’s like to be treated like that. If we don’t stand against it then who does?

I think you perhaps take me a bit too literally there sammy. Also, a football club's fans aren't necessarily a diaspora. But a diaspora is traditionally human.

But I do maintain that putting on balaclavas and attacking your chief exec's house is probably not a very effective means of protest and doesn't get United's fans any moral high ground or sympathy with their plight.

Is that still the case now? Definitely would have been under Ferguson. But the last 6-7 years have ruined their reputation. We've closed the gap significantly to the point where if we go deep in the CL and they don't finish top 4 our revenue probably eclipses theirs.

not according to this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

The debt they and Spurs are carrying there is pretty hefty.

It is and they’re paying it, taking profits and still outspending everyone in the transfer market

This all goes away if they win on the pitch - like with the Green & Gold stuff

Hopefully they implode, go bankrupt or get repeatedly relegated and are never seen again. I doubt it though. Matter of time until the Saudis or some such buy them

It is and they’re paying it, taking profits and still outspending everyone in the transfer market

This all goes away if they win on the pitch - like with the Green & Gold stuff

Hopefully they implode, go bankrupt or get repeatedly relegated and are never seen again. I doubt it though. Matter of time until the Saudis or some such buy them

Yeah some form of consistency i going to be needed from them if they're to have even a hope of shifting their owners and gathering much solidarity outside the club.

Given Spurs' level of debt though they could find themselves in real trouble if the wheels properly came off.

I dont think we will overtake them, but the gap will close again. Certainly what the analysts are saying

If we go deep in the CL, win the PL and with the new Nike deal, will definitely increase our revenues again

Coupled with Man Utd failing to get CL money again and losing significant sposnsorship payments as a result, it could be a close thing

Still outearning us by £100m a year - mostly as a result of their commercial revenue killing ours. I know we have a new kit sponsor deal to kick in

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1217715606704852992?s=20

And this is a point where they're in decline and we're in the best state we've been in since the money started going nuts.

I think you perhaps take me a bit too literally there sammy. Also, a football club's fans aren't necessarily a diaspora. But a diaspora is traditionally human.

But I do maintain that putting on balaclavas and attacking your chief exec's house is probably not a very effective means of protest and doesn't get United's fans any moral high ground or sympathy with their plight.

I’ve got three different thoughts

1) There needs to be some way for removing owners that fans consider to be bad for the club

2) I don’t think Woodward has done enough to justify people singing about wanting him dead and attempting to intimidate him outside his house

3) We’ve got to sort out reflexively having to dig at other supporters. It could easily be us in all these situations, they are all huge numbers of people with differing thoughts and also someone has to go first and surely we’re really well placed.

Those revenue figures are for 2 seasons ago, SportingIntel was on something (TAW?) the other day saying United have projected their revenue to be about £550m this season and ours will be over £570m if we get to the semis of the CL. You just have to look at the recently released Deloitte figures to see which direction it's moving.

2018 figures you've referenced above

United: €676.3m

Liverpool: €424.2m

2020 figures:

United: €711.5m (+ €25.2m since 2018)

Liverpool: €604.7m (+€180.5m)

He should be allowed to get on with his job in relative peace and quiet then - he doesn't need distractions like this

Of course. But I was part of meetings re direct action at our own club, stopping the team bus (hijacking you could say) was on the cards. So I can’t really say they aren’t within their rights to do something direct. They made the bbc news anyway, decent result. Few more of these and the people in charge over there might decide it’s not worth it after all.

Those revenue figures are for 2 seasons ago, SportingIntel was on something (TAW?) the other day saying United have projected their revenue to be about £550m this season and ours will be over £570m if we get to the semis of the CL. You just have to look at the recently released Deloitte figures to see which direction it's moving.

2018 figures you've referenced above

United: €676.3m

Liverpool: €424.2m

2020 figures:

United: €711.5m (+ €25.2m since 2018)

Liverpool: €604.7m (+€180.5m)

that has them still 100mm+ ahead of us ?

I know how much a club means to its community, how it affects our lives far more than it should.  But ultimately it is just football, just a game.  Even if a club goes under (such as Bury, such as we almost did) it is horrific and akin to a death in the family.  But it is still just football.  Fight and protest against the looming extinction but there's no need to bring human danger in to it.

But what are these guys protesting against?  Being 5th in the Premier League, in the top 3 of the richest clubs in the world, capable of signing the world's most expensive defender, able to pay players £350k per week, in danger of reaching a Cup final tonight?  Even if they drop to the Conference and have to ground share with Salford it is what it is; their organic level just like when they were a Railway Workers club 150 years ago was their level at that time.  Did their fans protest against not signing Messi's great-great-great grandfather.

Entitled and spoilt.

The protest is more of a "parry out" than the g&h thing.

Woodward is clearly incompetent in all footballing matters and power hungry and vain to boot. Any manager has an uphill battle with him in charge, as he reneges on promises, refuses to sell certain players the manager wants rid of, ignores scouts, handpicks new signings in between managers, overpays and sells for too little, is extremely slow in getting anything done in the transfer market, picks managers with no thought to squad continuity, and sacks them in prolonged ordeals of squad deterioration and withheld transfer funds where he somehow still manages to stab them in a way they didn't see coming.

And that's not even considering the trickle down effect on the club culture as a whole of having a vain, backstabbing callous cvnt in charge for six years, concentrating far too much power at his own desk in a bid to realise his own FM manager dreams. The place must be crawling with toadies and yes men by now.

The glazers main crime is endorsing his catastrophic reign.

Edited by Kid Klopp

You forgot the c**k & balls posted on the US Judge’s Facebook page.

Wasn't even the right judge, was it?

Also the judge turned out to be a decent sort presented with misleading information. His ruling once the facts became clear was scathing of g&h.