Sign in to follow this  
Maldini

Mourinho NOT at United

fancy that, took him about 2 minutes to make everything all about him again. he might actually be a lot easier to wind up into imploding this time around. seems more fragile and less c***sure than he used to be.

fancy that, took him about 2 minutes to make everything all about him again. he might actually be a lot easier to wind up into imploding this time around. seems more fragile and less c***sure than he used to be.

You know who he reminds me of...Donald Trump.

Both like to throw a lot of crap at other people but are notoriously thin-skinned when someone does it to them.

He seems to be trying his best to remain a headline and relevant

It was different at first...years ago

Problem is, there are plenty out there craving his headlines. I hate the sound of his voice at this stage.

The paranoia has started early.

Rats eating his brain.

'a big club' with a £100 million player. so most of the advantages. but then they'll all be expected to buy into his various conspiracy theories, personal attacks and underdog approach against anyone half decent.

He's obsessed with us, however I don't know why he deserves his own thread the piece of s***, we don't have one for Guardiola, koeman or conte

He's obsessed with us, however I don't know why he deserves his own thread the piece of s***, we don't have one for Guardiola, koeman or conte

You are a conte

Guardiola is a bit precious.

i'm still not sure how good a manager he actually is. because like mourinho, he's had amazing squads of players his whole career. not like he's really had to build anything. could we do a thing about tory managers here? them who've had it handed to them on a plate rather than actually had to work hard for it? 

i'm still not sure how good a manager he actually is. because like mourinho, he's had amazing squads of players his whole career. not like he's really had to build anything. could we do a thing about tory managers here? them who've had it handed to them on a plate rather than actually had to work hard for it?

Are you gonna call Smokin Joe Fagan a Tory?

Are you gonna?

He 'had' the players at Barca, but it was him who brought them through - made Xavi a star, Iniesta...he got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco and Eto'o shortly after and had to rebuild from there. 

At Bayern, his team was distinctly different to Heynckes' team, but was it better? I don't think it was - they weren't as versatile. They did win the league easily 3 seasons running, but didn't do what was expected in Europe.

Still a bloody good team, mind.

He 'had' the players at Barca, but it was him who brought them through - made Xavi a star, Iniesta...he got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco and Eto'o shortly after and had to rebuild from there.

At Bayern, his team was distinctly different to Heynckes' team, but was it better? I don't think it was - they weren't as versatile. They did win the league easily 3 seasons running, but didn't do what was expected in Europe.

Still a bloody good team, mind.

Xavi and Iniesta were already established, don't think it is even right really to say he 'brought them through'.

Xavi had played over 400 games for them by the time Guardiola took over, Iniesta over 200.

Not that it really matters. He's shown he can be a very successful manager at a club which already has loads of good players and the financial muscle to ow away any of their competitors, which is exactly what he's gone to now.

Helps having Messi.

He's a good manager but he comes across as a bit prissy and blameless. The stuff that came out when Tito Villanova was ill put me off him a bit too, obviously not party to the full story but it seemed a bit s***.

Xavi and Iniesta were already established, don't think it is even right really to say he 'brought them through'.

Xavi had played over 400 games for them by the time Guardiola took over, Iniesta over 200.

Not that it really matters. He's shown he can be a very successful manager at a club which already has loads of good players and the financial muscle to ow away any of their competitors, which is exactly what he's gone to now.

When Guardiola took over, Messi was a lowscoring 10-c**-winger, Xavi a top midfielder who was nevertheless second fiddle to Deco and Iniesta basically the frequent backup.  And Busquets somewhere in the 'B' side.

No doubt they were all talented enough to become world class players, or in Messi's case, best in the world - But they all developed radically under Guardiola. It was never in the cards that Xavi would become perhaps the best midfielder of all time, that Iniesta would be up there with Zidane or that Messi would become the greatest goalscorer of all time.

You also have to look at the decisions he took to help develop them. At the time, it was far from a no brainer to just sell off Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o and Toure. They were the main reasons for Rijkaards trophies.