By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Gardening Thread

Molby

On 15/05/2020 at 16:48, Molby said:

Do it at night

jump over his fence and pour sulphuric acid on them. Then get back home and get to bed sharpish, as if nothing has happened. 

Seems legit. I'll give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2020 at 19:13, Falconhoof said:

Is it too late to plant

a) Swiss chard

b) purple sprouting broccoli 

?

When I say ‘plant’  I mean ‘sow’

I've just sowed some chard - Rainbow Lights. Looks to be getting on OK, yesterdays rain helped.

I just keep on sowing where ever I have a gap. When my spuds get lifted over the next few weeks, I will be putting in beans, kale and some more lettuces. The problem this year seems to be getting hold of the seeds but I've got a few left over from last year that should still be OK.

20 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

I just keep on sowing where ever I have a gap. When my spuds get lifted over the next few weeks, I will be putting in beans, kale and some more lettuces. The problem this year seems to be getting hold of the seeds but I've got a few left over from last year that should still be OK.

Neil Tenants lyrics aren't as good as they once were 

• Haha 1

Just been out to the actual garden centre for seeds. Next year I will be more organised and order seeds online as they are cheaper.

For my last batch of sowing I’m going for PSB, Rainbow lights Chard and Patty Pan squash.

My reply was In Progress. Alas, too late.

26 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

I've just taken 1st earlier out and put in onion sets in their place. They're coming up nicely now. I have a load of them left though so will happily send them out in a jiffy to whoever wants them.

It's a path that runs around three sides of  the house, cutting through the lawn etc so it's shaped like this I___I  

I did the long stretch about 18 months back but have only just cleared the next bit so it shouldn't be too big a job given that it is a shorter stretch and I have done the same type of work before. But I find that virtually every job I do has a massive capacity to stretch into weird areas of whatthef***ery that I never see coming...

Edited by charlie clown

Just now, charlie clown said:

But I find that virtually every job I do has a massive capacity to stretch into weird areas of whatthef***ery that I never see coming...

Trust me, I feel your pain there. I've still got to finish that job off as I need to buy/borrow an angle grinder with a diamond tipped cutter to cut a few paving slabs to size as I changed the layout slightly 🙄