Sign in to follow this  
Murphman

The golf thread (put all your sh*t in here and Stevie H is banned)

I’ve just finished four days of being with Leo and his two mates. Great laugh. I played with them today and we had a great time.

Lots of good golf and Leo can fill in the antics of his mates. Very, very impressive performances.

This forum is amazing. The links that you make with totally great people is so cool. It’s what life is all about.

YNWA

I'm only just realising how much some courses on The South coast are affected by adders, a few around here are absolutely infested. I'm frit of the little feckers...

I’ve just finished four days of being with Leo and his two mates. Great laugh. I played with them today and we had a great time.

Lots of good golf and Leo can fill in the antics of his mates. Very, very impressive performances.

This forum is amazing. The links that you make with totally great people is so cool. It’s what life is all about.

YNWA

What a trip!

NYR managed to pull some strings to get three normal lids from Liverpool who grew up playing Allerton muni together onto some of the best courses in the world.

He set us up at Shinnecock Hills, Sebonack and National Golf Links of America, plus we played NY’s version of a municipal golf course - Bethpage Black!

Like NYR says it is an incredible place this forum - the lads asked how long I’ve known Mark (NYR) and I said nearly 20 years he’s an old friend - but up until this trip I’ve only actually met him in person before about 4 times!

We stayed in the Hamptons - playing National turned into a boozy affair with one of the members and his guests, drinking on the clubhouse porch, then we went to some bar like Cheers at the end of our road. We made friends with the locals and drank the bar dry of several spirits.

One of the lads we went with slept in a bush in the forest, lost his shoes and had to be rescued by the Brazilian lady who runs the local bakery. He stumbled in there at 7am and his first words were ‘I’m not a tramp’. Mark is quite eccentric but extremely dry and very, very funny - no idea what they must have made of him in that situation.

It was an incredible experience to play four of the best courses in the world and all down to NYR, he really is a top, top man - thanks so much! You’ll have to come and play my new club Sandiway and S&A next time you are over and the boys would love to see you again.

It was a pleasure spending time with you as well as the golfing side. Enjoy Japan!

Edited by Leo No.8

Tiger Woods got win number 82 today/yesterday in Japan. Eighty-two wins in 359 events amounts to a victory every 4.37 starts. It’s a staggering figure. Most good players are happy to win once a season, about every 20 starts.

The trophy presentation was something else. The founder of ZoZo seemed to be having a great time thanking everybody in attendance and then trying to start a Tiger chant. Woods just stood there looking exceedingly uncomfortable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/no-82-is-significant-but-for-tiger-woods-its-significance-is-defined-by-consistency-and-perseverance/ar-AAJrWEj?ocid=spartandhp

One thing I didn't know. The Sam Snead figure of 82 wins was arrived at by some committee in 1987 and includes team titles.

Tyrell Hatton (Big LFC fan) gets his first PGA win in the Arnold Palmer Invitational - impressive win. :applause:

3 and 4 balls allowed from 1st June in England. 4 allowed from four separate households may now play together.

8 minutes ago, quibs said:

3 and 4 balls allowed from 1st June in England. 4 allowed from four separate households may now play together.

Finally, the middle and upper classes get thrown a bone in this crisis. 

Supposed to be playing a three ball next Wednesday with a couple of mates, First time I'll have had a break from home/family/Alzheimers-m-i-l since the week before lock-down. Can't say it's how I would have wished to escape but I'll take it...

56 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Finally, the middle and upper classes get thrown a bone in this crisis. 

You can now go to Bingo with your bird as well as take your whippets for a walk with your mates, what more do you want, you ungrateful c*nt.

True story, I played in a two ball with my son yesterday, hit a horror shot on the second which went about 25 yards, a fella came over from the other fairway, walked over to my ball, asked me what I was playing, picked my ball up and said 'yeah this is it' dropped it down on the floor then walked off.

It did my nut in, I was so shocked I didn't even answer him just smashed the ball into the bushes. I think this lock down might be getting to me but let's be honest, this country is jammed solid with f*cking idiots.

I was hoping you'd smashed the ball into his face rather than into the bushes. 

One less golfer to worry about :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Murphman said:

You can now go to Bingo with your bird as well as take your whippets for a walk with your mates, what more do you want, you ungrateful c*nt.

True story, I played in a two ball with my son yesterday, hit a horror shot on the second which went about 25 yards, a fella came over from the other fairway, walked over to my ball, asked me what I was playing, picked my ball up and said 'yeah this is it' dropped it down on the floor then walked off.

It did my nut in, I was so shocked I didn't even answer him just smashed the ball into the bushes. I think this lock down might be getting to me but let's be honest, this country is jammed solid with f*cking idiots.

You could have put a 4 iron through his face with a 2 shot penalty, I believe 

• Haha 1

A proper tear up on a golf course would be quite something to see, imagine the static electricity arcing off all that nylon 

6 hours ago, Murphman said:

Stop acting so old. You should have nutted him and then booted him in the b*llocks.

There’s no excuse for his behavior.

Actually, what is the rule for what he did?

3 hours ago, smithdown said:

He f***ing did WHAT

Haha. I see why you did that. But it's just me, I had a (gentle) go at two old dears in the High Street earlier for blocking the pavement chatting, about 12 inches away from each other , I don't understand why they don't understand the guidance, six foot and don't f*cking touch anything unless you have to. I fully acknowledge I may have OCD with this but don't care, I don't like people getting sick because of selfish c*nts and thickos.

2 hours ago, Tommok said:

A proper tear up on a golf course would be quite something to see, imagine the static electricity arcing off all that nylon 

I've seen more than one of those.