The golf thread (put all your sh*t in here and Stevie H is banned)

As I said - the other home nations apart from Wales are, Australia are too.

In Wales, France, NZ it's a sport for everyone

I was trying to think of a "Tory" sport in Wales and it *is* probably Golf.

Wales and NZ yes, but France? I was more of the impression that it is the reserve of the well to do and only really in the south of the country. No?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was hoping you'd smashed the ball into his face rather than into the bushes.  One less golfer to worry about

You could have put a 4 iron through his face with a 2 shot penalty, I believe 

Not sure I've ever thought about the connotations of the name but regardless of the intent behind the naming of it the sensitivities it is provoking are obviously legitimate so just rename it. Re

Posted Images

Wales and NZ yes, but France? I was more of the impression that it is the reserve of the well to do and only really in the south of the country. No?

I thought it was very much working class down in the SW of the country, which is very much a working class area anyway.

I've had 29 at crib. I know I sound like FYDS but I really have. I haven't played much crib and when I got it the group I was with in the pub were yelling their heads off, I asked one fella if he'd had it, his response was he'd never seen it much less had it.

Some people win the lottery...

For the uneducated it's a jack, three 5's and a 5 the same suit as the jack in the middle, that way you get 'one for his knob'.

That is all.

I just fell into a coma around three sentences in.

I would say it is far from Tory in Scotland.

Get outta here.

ha ha oh right

They are all tory w*****s.

Ah.

Crown green bowls

Croquet

On a side note, why are there so many Irish jockeys?or is it just because they're the best, so they're more prominent and it just seems that way? Either way why are the Irish so good at riding horses? I mean if I stuck Swipe, Ostrich Man or Niall Quinn on a horse, are they just going to elegantly canter around on the thing, whereas I'd be holding my b******s screaming before being buckarooed into a hedge?

Crown green bowls

Croquet

On a side note, why are there so many Irish jockeys?or is it just because they're the best, so they're more prominent and it just seems that way? Either way why are the Irish so good at riding horses? I mean if I stuck Swipe, Ostrich Man or Niall Quinn on a horse, are they just going to elegantly canter around on the thing, whereas I'd be holding my b******s screaming before being buckarooed into a hedge?

because f*** your Subaru, they've a horse outside

Crown green bowls

Croquet

The Irish have short shin bones which makes them ideal horsemen.

not completely true, but a lot closer to the truth than you'll ever admit....

Ha! Business is business. My golf types to drink with are like Murph and RP though. Not the likes of Sir David Llewellyn-Morgan KBE.

Edited by New York Red

Bowls is a valleys sport as well, proper working class there.

My architect is in Spain on a Bowls trip as it happens.

Ha! Business is business. My golf types to drink with are like Murph and RP though. Not the likes of Sir David Llewellyn-Morgan KBE.

Neither of whom is Welsh. As I said, most Welsh golfers are massively up their own a*** from my experience