Sign in to follow this  
Stanley Leisure

Tell you who/what I hate...

The addies do my head in these days. Every other one is for a loan shark or gambling and half of the rest is for womens sanitary products.

why do ads for women's sanitary products bother you? ads for wonga and 3000% apr 'loans' sure. feminine hygiene is pretty low on the list of bothersome advertising.

I'm reading this at arms length.

Your arms eventually get too short and you have to give in to the specs. I dont mind the reading glasses thing, annoying having to take them everywhere though. Ive got a magnifying glass for the kitchen now as well for quick access to contents/ingredients and what not.

Edited by D.Boon

Who watches adverts?

I was stuck the other night not being able to avoid them and switched the b*stard off and missed the end of a film cos I was getting enraged. You forget what a p*sstake they are and how feckin dumb they think we all must be.

That I need reading glasses and struggle with reading anything in small print.

Yeah this is a real pain - I gave in last year and got reading glasses as I was really struggling with small print - ingredients/cooking instructions on food being a particular issue and generally anything in poor light.

Pretty sure my sight without glasses has continued to get worse since - reading anything small or in poor light literally needs to be properly at arms length and even then I can't read it all.

Ahh middle age is fun ;)

Cheers, yeah got the exam booked for Thursday, hopefully get it sorted then, not worried about glasses so much just another thing for me to forget on the regular

heh ouch.

Yeah reading food labels adds a good bit of time to my shopping when I don't get it delivered and I could overdose anytime I get a prescription

Yet they're one of the many things that would improve your ludicrous image.

ha

If the alternative is not reading then what do you do?

I had a full behind the eyes examination as part of a further medical thing 9 years ago and the optometrist who did it said I would need glasses when I was 47. Oh how I laughed with my perfect 20/20 vision at the time...

how old are you? I always pictured in my head muleskinner as a whipper-snapper

actually when it comes to finally giving in & having to wear them I will have to succumb.

They certainly beat (what I imagine) contacts (must be hassle-wise)

Watching people inserting & removing contact lenses..... :cold: noway!!!

Edited by Tokyo Sexwale

ha

how old are you? I always pictured in my head muleskinner as a whipper-snapper

actually when it comes to finally giving in & having to wear them I will have to succumb.

They certainly beat (what I imagine) contacts (must be hassle-wise)

Watching people inserting & removing contact lenses..... :cold: noway!!!

The answer is in my post

Gets annoying sitting down on the pan, picking up a mag to read then realising your glasses are down stairs in the kitchen and having to make do with out of focus pictures

Who watches adverts?

Aye. Weird, The only adverts I ever see these days are those on Sky Sports and they all seem to be Ray feckin Winston selling financial ruin by the back door. And I turn them down.

Gets annoying sitting down on the pan, picking up a mag to read then realising your glasses are down stairs in the kitchen and having to make do with out of focus pictures

cos you only bought the mag for the articles right....?

Stopped bothering with glasses these days after wearing them since I was a teenager. Don't really need them for anything I'm doing round the house - and using the laptop/phone is better without. Only ever really wear them for driving or cycling now and that's mostly the Oakleys with prescription lenses.

Don't get on with contacts and I've psyched myself out of laser by watching a video of it being done :cold:

Some f***ing bitch has just hit the back of me car at a roundabout. I pulled over off the roundabout and she pulled over next to me. As I got out the car she f***ed off. Absolutely f***ing fuming. Only scratches on back bumper and not even worth sorting but what a cheeky c***. Struggling to type properly i'm that f***ing angry. t***!!!!!!

Some f***ing bitch has just hit the back of me car at a roundabout. I pulled over off the roundabout and she pulled over next to me. As I got out the car she f***ed off. Absolutely f***ing fuming. Only scratches on back bumper and not even worth sorting but what a cheeky c***. Struggling to type properly i'm that f***ing angry. t***!!!!!!

this sort of s*** winds me the f*** up.... to damage a parked car and f*** off is one thing, but to do it when someone is in the car is even worse... 

Karma will bite them in the ass

I was tempted with a dash cam for this purpose... shame it comes to that but rather have evidence for the time when it will inevitably happen to me. 

cos you only bought the mag for the articles right....?

ha - more subtle than the response I was gonna post

take it you didn't get her plate then? It's an offense to do what she did & there must be witnesses

this sort of s*** winds me the f*** up.... to damage a parked car and f*** off is one thing, but to do it when someone is in the car is even worse... 

Karma will bite them in the ass

I was tempted with a dash cam for this purpose... shame it comes to that but rather have evidence for the time when it will inevitably happen to me. 

She'll be claiming for whiplash before the day's out.

I have a vision of you being so insensed that you had to get on here and vent ... rather than actually chasing the bitch or at least noting/photographing her number plate. :D