Tell you who/what I hate...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I paid half for mine because I ate a fair bit of it out of pure hunger, and the chips were alright. Also paid for the drinks. My favourite part was when the waitress said "Well I had the crab s

Seems the way my body reacts to wasp stings indicates a light allergic reaction (swelling that gets worse over the following couple of days). Looked it up online and got this wonderful piece of advice

Bit rude

Posted Images

My mobile died on Saturday - bit the bullet and replaced that

Boiler died today, meaning we either shell out £350 on parts and installation for a 15 year old boiler or £2-2.5k on replacing it.

Can just about afford to do it but the timing is f***ing dreadful

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

Boiler died today, meaning we either shell out £350 on parts and installation for a 15 year old boiler or £2-2.5k on replacing it.

Ah man that's s***ty luck and timing :(

35 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Mate of mine has gone from Worcester-Bosch and Vaillant installs to only doing Viessman now. Reckons they are best on the market.

Wouldn’t mind asking your mate what he’d charge (excluding the cost of the boiler) for a simple install would you? 

Same location, same style and make - just the latest version. Reckon our regular plumber’s taking the piss with the quote he’s just given me

16 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Wouldn’t mind asking your mate what he’d charge (excluding the cost of the boiler) for a simple install would you? 

Same location, same style and make - just the latest version. Reckon our regular plumber’s taking the piss with the quote he’s just given me

I'll ask. What size property  rooms etc.

Edited by muleskinner
3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

I'll ask. What size property  rooms etc.

Big house but it's only doing the heating - the hot water's a separate system. Replacing a Baxi Solo 30 with a Baxi 630 - no location change for the boiler - just stripping out the old one & installing the new one. Should be no drilling and minimal if any new pipework.

Ended up getting a second opinion on the boiler today. Bloke came in, ran proper diagnostics, spoke to the manufacturer and quoted us £180 parts and labour to fix it and reckons he could supply and fit a replacement for £500 less than I was quoted by our regular guy.

I'm fuming with the regular guy if this works - 'cos he did all the plumbing enhancements for this place when we opened and we've spent a substantial amount of money with his company over the years. Annoying to have him try to pull a fast one on us after that. Very glad we got it double checked.

On 22/10/2020 at 19:57, D.Boon said:

I spent a tedious afternoon balancing our radiators a couple if weeks ago. Mind numbing but made a big difference

Its been recommended to me that I do this in our house but I really don't know if I've got the willpower to go through with it. I think  it's fifteen rads spread over three floors and that looks to me like a day of my life I'll never get back... 

21 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Its been recommended to me that I do this in our house but I really don't know if I've got the willpower to go through with it. I think  it's fifteen rads spread over three floors and that looks to me like a day of my life I'll never get back... 

How long does it take for radiators to cool down.. . with 15 I think it might be a tad more than a day :)

On 21/10/2020 at 17:13, Gethin said:

Gethin - I've had a more than a few conversations over the years about old boilers (F*ck off Kahnee). Good quality units were built to last back in the day and whilst not as economical to run can plod on forever, if you're looking for a sticking plaster don't write yours off because it's 15 years old.

2 minutes ago, Murphman said:

Gethin - I've had a more than a few conversations over the years about old boilers (F*ck off Kahnee). Good quality units were built to last back in the day and whilst not as economical to run can plod on forever, if you're looking for a sticking plaster don't write yours off because it's 15 years old.

See above. Got it repaired for £180 in the end using a different firm. It's going to need to get replaced in the next 2-3 years but if that gets us through the winter without having to buy a new one, then I'll be very happy.

• Like 1

A guy I work with and his girlfriend went to Iceland last year... He proposed to her and all set to get married in October of this year. 

She got made redundant just before all the covid kicked off. Then just as lockdown happened she found out she has stage 3 breast cancer. She goes for chemo on her own as partners aren't allowed in order to keep volume of people down.. Turns out she has an allergic reaction to the chemo and they have to do tests on her to find one that is suitable. 

She has months of messing around with treatment but both insist they still plan on getting wed (in St George's Hall)... Anyway she gets through the treatment and rings the bell and this is a week before the wedding date. They get married to a reduced capacity, not that they are arsed as they are just thankful to still be able to get married despite everything. 

The weekend after the wedding my mates wife complains of a headache. She goes to hospital for tests and she found out yesterday she now has meningitis... 

She's 23 years old ffs... 

1 minute ago, Barnesy_10 said:

A guy I work with and his girlfriend went to Iceland last year... He proposed to her and all set to get married in October of this year. 

She got made redundant just before all the covid kicked off. Then just as lockdown happened she found out she has stage 3 breast cancer. She goes for chemo on her own as partners aren't allowed in order to keep volume of people down.. Turns out she has an allergic reaction to the chemo and they have to do tests on her to find one that is suitable. 

She has months of messing around with treatment but both insist they still plan on getting wed (in St George's Hall)... Anyway she gets through the treatment and rings the bell and this is a week before the wedding date. They get married to a reduced capacity, not that they are arsed as they are just thankful to still be able to get married despite everything. 

The weekend after the wedding my mates wife complains of a headache. She goes to hospital for tests and she found out yesterday she now has meningitis... 

Ah man that's terrible

9 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

f***inell thats awful