Sign in to follow this  
Stanley Leisure

Tell you who/what I hate...

I’m annoyed when people use ‘gutted’ for some very minor disappointment.  The ice cream van was several hours late and the kids were ‘gutted’

2 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

I’m annoyed when people use ‘gutted’ for some very minor disappointment.  The ice cream van was several hours late and the kids were ‘gutted’

Yeah I prefer it when my boys say "The c*** never turned up"

Facebook

I have been on it years..... rarely use it but it has been handy during this lockdown to keep in touch with some family members... 

anyway my mum has never been on it and she is 70 and finally decided she will go on it to reach out to family we have in Johannesburg... anyway she started to set it up at the weekend but just after it was all done it came up with a warning that it was suspicious activity and closed her profile and asked her to submit a photo of herself to prove she is who she is..... then two days after doing so gets told that her submission was declined and the account was now disabled and that to re-enable it she needed to send a picture of a utility bill, a photo of her passport, birth certificate, driving licence etc etc... 

I looked into it and apparently people have been getting this a lot with profiles that have been activated for years and been asked to provide ID like listed above to re-enable the accounts... Ev

cheeky pricks

Mum wasn't too arsed, she said she had done 70 years without it so wasn't too bothered, but can't imagine many idiots would be willing to send pictures of documentation like listed above. 

1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Facebook

I have been on it years..... rarely use it but it has been handy during this lockdown to keep in touch with some family members... 

anyway my mum has never been on it and she is 70 and finally decided she will go on it to reach out to family we have in Johannesburg... anyway she started to set it up at the weekend but just after it was all done it came up with a warning that it was suspicious activity and closed her profile and asked her to submit a photo of herself to prove she is who she is..... then two days after doing so gets told that her submission was declined and the account was now disabled and that to re-enable it she needed to send a picture of a utility bill, a photo of her passport, birth certificate, driving licence etc etc... 

I looked into it and apparently people have been getting this a lot with profiles that have been activated for years and been asked to provide ID like listed above to re-enable the accounts... Ev

cheeky pricks

Mum wasn't too arsed, she said she had done 70 years without it so wasn't too bothered, but can't imagine many idiots would be willing to send pictures of documentation like listed above. 

f*** that - I'd bin it before I sent that gear to them

On 26/01/2018 at 09:50, pipnasty said:

Baxter Dury can f*** of an all

I’m only just getting into his stuff and, in trying to see if there’d been anything posted about him here, I came across this.

What’s the story?

Littering - it's one of the things that really winds me up.

People are such lazy c**** when it comes to clearing up after themselves - even when there's bins provided for them.

A few times I've seen groups of people just walk off leaving a mess behind and then actually walk past the litter bin(s) on their way out - I mean how ignorant and lazy do you have to be to do that - often doing it in front of their young kids too so teaching them that it's OK.