By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Tell you who/what I hate...

Stanley Leisure

Drank a bottle of wine with lunch yesterday and I didn't feel it at all. I'm definitely piling on the pounds in this sh*t so with healthy eating comes reduction in drinking.

Saying that I bought a 4-pack of Guinness and another 4 random beers yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

sadly to go off the topic of booze....

getting a plumber. Bath's blocked. Been like that for over 24 hours, tried to snake it, no good. So I can't wash or get a plumber to come out

Just the bath or drainage problems elsewhere?

If the bath isn't draining but toilet in the same bathroom is then it should really be something you can get to with the snake. If the toilet's also not draining (or draining slowly) then it might be your external drainage. If you know where your external drainage cover is, lift it and see if it's blocked there.

Had this happen to us last year and it turned out to be tree roots growing into the sewage pipe (blocking 5.5" of a 6" pipe). Had to get to roots high-pressure water-blasted away and get the sewer pipe re-lined. £3k worth of work - fortunately covered by the insurance.

9 hours ago, cymrococh said:

Drank a bottle of wine with lunch yesterday and I didn't feel it at all. I'm definitely piling on the pounds in this sh*t so with healthy eating comes reduction in drinking.

Saying that I bought a 4-pack of Guinness and another 4 random beers yesterday.

I just wilted here. Gone 4 days without a drink and just went past Bargain Booze and came away with 6 bottles of nice IPAs and 8 cans of Red Striple. I'm f***ing useless at this. Quarantine is f***ing miles more manageable without a hangover.

15 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

sadly to go off the topic of booze....

getting a plumber. Bath's blocked. Been like that for over 24 hours, tried to snake it, no good. So I can't wash or get a plumber to come out

Drain acid worth a try if the plumbers merchants are open.

10 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

I just wilted here. Gone 4 days without a drink and just went past Bargain Booze and came away with 6 bottles of nice IPAs and 8 cans of Red Striple. I'm f***ing useless at this. Quarantine is f***ing miles more manageable without a hangover.

I am at the smoke through my hangover stage tbh oh and neurofen plus last thing at night first thing in the morning

20 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Just the bath or drainage problems elsewhere?

If the bath isn't draining but toilet in the same bathroom is then it should really be something you can get to with the snake. If the toilet's also not draining (or draining slowly) then it might be your external drainage. If you know where your external drainage cover is, lift it and see if it's blocked there.

Had this happen to us last year and it turned out to be tree roots growing into the sewage pipe (blocking 5.5" of a 6" pipe). Had to get to roots high-pressure water-blasted away and get the sewer pipe re-lined. £3k worth of work - fortunately covered by the insurance.

10 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Drain acid worth a try if the plumbers merchants are open.

It's the bath only (and sink) but it's f***ing yonks old so just cannot get the snake in past what must be a hard turn somewhere. 

It's standing water though - 3-4" so dumping Drano in there isn't that straightforward

C

26 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

It's the bath only (and sink) but it's f***ing yonks old so just cannot get the snake in past what must be a hard turn somewhere. 

It's standing water though - 3-4" so dumping Drano in there isn't that straightforward

Can you get to any of the piping?

You'll have a point where the bath waste joins with the sink waste. What you're saying implies that the blockage is between that point and where the combined bath/sink waste meets the toilet waste and goes out into your main sewer. To me that implies that you may be able to risk putting the draino down the sink - or stop being a lazy f***er and drain the bath with a bucket and do it from there :)

I managed to stay awake for 8 hours yesterday.  Got a wee delivery on Sunday,  got lost in my conservatory and made various trips to my beer shed. Woke up at noon, had brunch, done some outside work, had tea, had a shower went back to bed at 8. Marvellous haha

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gethin said:

That does sound like sewage backing up into the system. I assume you’re at the money-pit? Mains sewage or cess-pit?

Plumber came - couldn't do anything. 100+ year old pipes. So he's gonna have to rip down the ceiling below to replace the pipes. 

Was planning on a bathroom remodel so now I have to question do I just dive in and get it done double-quick rather than pay for this to be done and then remodel later & re-do some of the work