By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Tell you who/what I hate...

Stanley Leisure

2 hours ago, melia said:

I had, about 3 hours before. We’ve got one of those mad ones for dog hairs too. These dogs shed like they do it for a living.

"Hello, my name is Bailey Retriever and I am a professional moulter. Here's my card."

Edited by charlie clown
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, melia said:

I was feeling quite pleased with myself yesterday. I thought I was running short of supplies for a smoke and decided to clean up the abandoned zip-lock bags for the scraps and managed to recover and grind up over half an ounce and put in a tin. 
But this post belongs in this thread because I’ve just spent 5 minutes trying to pick up the contents of that tin off the floor after the dog’s tail swiped it off my lap. Given I’ve got two golden retrievers, there was a lot of hair on the floor as well.

You had more than half an ounce of scraps?? Holy droppy burns Batman. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Mosquito bites. I'm in Vilamoura, it's a soulless as I imagined, and I have about 30 mosquito bites. It's too warm and I can't sleep.

Mrs NR will sympathize with you. They are bad here just as it goes dark. My wife stood outside chatting to a neighbor for about an hour a couple of nights back. Her legs look like she has measles. I have to go out shortly to restock the bug bite/antibiotic stuff.

On 24/05/2023 at 08:51, Tosh said:

Plastering…

Got a decorator in to do a couple of our rooms and he’s doing it properly, so skimming the walls flat before going anywhere near paint. He’s got the doors closed etc but there’s  a fine layer of dust absolutely everywhere in the house. It feels like it’ll never go

Last bit of work done and so this evening I dug the bedsheet out of the airing cupboard and double checked with the boss if this was the correct sheet for the bed. Confirmed yes.

I then put the sheet somewhere other than the bed/airing cupboard and despite searching high and low, cannot find the damn thing. It’s probably in the recycling bin or somewhere crazy.

• Haha 1

On 29/11/2016 at 14:50, Gethin said:

Painting and decorating.

And c**** who paint their walls bold dark primary colours.

c****.

c**** who put textured wallpaper up and the daft c**** that agree to spend their weekend painting over them 🤦🏻‍♂️

We’d take it down but this is just a freshen up before we do a big refurb next year 

FML 

5 minutes ago, Gethin said:

c**** who put textured wallpaper up and the daft c**** that agree to spend their weekend painting over them 🤦🏻‍♂️

We’d take it down but this is just a freshen up before we do a big refurb next year 

FML 

Our extension has progressed to stage where I've had to start all the decorating. So many freshly plastered walls and ceilings needing mist coats so much primed woodwork......

I hate it. I reckon I'll still be decorating by Christmas 

Edited by D.Boon
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, D.Boon said:

Our extension has progressed to stage where I've had to start all the decorating. So many freshly plastered walls and ceilings needing mist coats so much primed woodwork......

Ooof. Got all that to come next year 

3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

When I am king of the world I am going to mandate that all "tupperware" type pots must come in a standard range of dimensions/volumes and have a standard range of lids/closures

The f***ing lids need to be f***ing attached to the f***ing boxes. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tosh said:

When I am king of the world I am going to mandate that all "tupperware" type pots must come in a standard range of dimensions/volumes and have a standard range of lids/closures

Silicone Stretch Lids, ONEGOL 12 Pack of 6 Sizes BPA-free Silicone Lids Reusable Container Lids Food Covers, Flexible to Fit Most Size Round&Square Food Containers, Durable, Refrigerator Microwave and Dishwasher Safe https://a.co/d/ffKu6en

Edited by Nebraska Red

On 08/07/2023 at 13:38, D.Boon said:

Haha - keep going Boony lad, you'll get there.

We "finished" our house last year after being here six years. All rooms done, hall stairs and landing finshed, all repairs and refurbs completed. That was April. Got to September and we were like "after Christmas we need to re-do this dining room".

So we started that in January and we are just about now finishing it off.

The good news is that the next project will be the outbuilidng and Mrs.C.will be owning that particular project.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2023 at 19:44, D.Boon said:

I hate cars. Engine Management light came on last week and no power. £600 for new part. c***ing light now back on.

Cars been at the garage ever since. 5 weeks. Piss poor comms throughout. Got the boss on the phone yesterday. Apparently they now know what isn't broke but don't actually know what is. All work from now on will be chargeable and could take multiple weeks more to solve with no idea of cost.

Muppets.

Just sent my wife in for session 4 of 6 of her chemotherapy for breast cancer. We’re past the halfway point now and she has been absolutely amazing. Always smiling and putting on a brace face for the kids. Mostly good days with a few bad ones following each session. 

She has dealt with the physical changes so well and isn’t phased by the loss of hair etc in fact she’s embracing it and poking fun at herself on occasion to lighten the mood. 

But they change the drug for the 4th session. Just when you’re getting used to the side effects they have to change and we’re back to the unknown and it has really affected her this time. 

When we went through the adoption process for our daughter the social worker report described her as an ethereal woman with a core of steel so to listen to her sobbing and retching on the way to the hospital is just totally heartbreaking. She’ll come out bouncing afterwards with a big smile and a hearty laugh but it has broken me  

I’m sitting in the car sobbing like a baby.  I’m sorry for sharing but I need to put the mask back on soon so feel I need to let it out  

We’ll get through it, I know we will and we’re so lucky to have the support of our family and friends.

Thanks for reading

Richard

• Like 2
  • Love 20

6 minutes ago, Tobes Rafa said:

Just sent my wife in for session 4 of 6 of her chemotherapy for breast cancer. We’re past the halfway point now and she has been absolutely amazing. Always smiling and putting on a brace face for the kids. Mostly good days with a few bad ones following each session. 

She has dealt with the physical changes so well and isn’t phased by the loss of hair etc in fact she’s embracing it and poking fun at herself on occasion to lighten the mood. 

But they change the drug for the 4th session. Just when you’re getting used to the side effects they have to change and we’re back to the unknown and it has really affected her this time. 

When we went through the adoption process for our daughter the social worker report described her as an ethereal woman with a core of steel so to listen to her sobbing and retching on the way to the hospital is just totally heartbreaking. She’ll come out bouncing afterwards with a big smile and a hearty laugh but it has broken me  

I’m sitting in the car sobbing like a baby.  I’m sorry for sharing but I need to put the mask back on soon so feel I need to let it out  

We’ll get through it, I know we will and we’re so lucky to have the support of our family and friends.

Thanks for reading

Richard

What a horrible thing to have to go through. Sending positive thoughts your way - and don't you dare say sorry for opening up - EVER!

All the very best.

• Love 1

Richard, huh 🤔

I thought you were a Toby @Tobes Rafa

It's really tough to Imagine what you are going through.

It's interesting what you say about crying alone and then needing to put the mask back on. I won't offersome solution to that, because its ingrained in us, but bloody hell 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

Richard, huh 🤔

I thought you were a Toby @Tobes Rafa

It's really tough to Imagine what you are going through.

It's interesting what you say about crying alone and then needing to put the mask back on. I won't offersome solution to that, because its ingrained in us, but bloody hell 

Toby Rafael is my son. No prizes for guessing what age he is and who he’s named after. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

You've done the most important thing that you can do which is to tell your weird internet friends

I can't imagine how tough this is for you though - good luck with everything.

And it's more than ok to break now and again, it really is. Just listen to what your body is telling you and go with it

Yeah, you will get through this

30 minutes ago, Tobes Rafa said:

Toby Rafael is my son. No prizes for guessing what age he is and who he’s named after. 

He was named after Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino and he is about 530 years old?

• Love 1
  • Upvote 2

As loads have said, we might be your Weird Internet Friends ™️ but this is a great place for moral support in times like this. 

Much love to you, the family and most importantly your wife who sounds like an awesome person. 

Stay strong for them and use us to vent when you need to. 

Cancer’s a t***. Kick it’s a***. 

• Love 1
  • Upvote 1