EU Referendum

EU Referendum  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Fydsesque isn't it?

With any luck he's rotting away painfully from festering, irreversible syphilis.

Thought Ed did well there making Johnson look like a very naughty boy getting made a show of at assembly for stamping on the school gerbil 

Posted Images

The Labour 'Broad Church' is a busted flush I'd say and he was probably the first obvious casualty of this. Spread too thinly so appearing weak and dithering. Every time I've heard him speak when he's given time to talk clearly, he comes across as a decent person - not that I'd agree with his politics.

20 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

The Labour 'Broad Church' is a busted flush I'd say and he was probably the first obvious casualty of this. Spread too thinly so appearing weak and dithering. Every time I've heard him speak when he's given time to talk clearly, he comes across as a decent person - not that I'd agree with his politics.

I remember a conversation I had with Gilps who made the compelling argument that Labour can't afford a split without essentially guaranteeing future Tory governments. I also recall making the point that Brown should have supported a PR while in govt and Labour should have while out though I accept this ultimately gives smaller parties greater leverage. 

There's so many difficult aspects to this but the truth is the UK is a grubby f***ing political entity where the right has so many built in advantages, no less than the major party of the left sharing a f***load of political and ideological commitments that there really is no easy answer.

1 hour ago, stressederic said:

Yeah he's had Johnson off there. Do once again wonder why this version of Miliband didn't properly exist in that election campaign. Even accounting for the disgraceful behaviour of the press.

Wonder how long before Labour apologise?

"It was the right thing to do but the wrong time to do it."

2 hours ago, stressederic said:

Yeah he's had Johnson off there. Do once again wonder why this version of Miliband didn't properly exist in that election campaign. Even accounting for the disgraceful behaviour of the press.

Labour leaders are under intense pressure to cave to the demands of the right. Legitimate concerns on the racist doorsteps and all that.

Only one in my lifetime has been brave enough to stand up to it.