EU Referendum

EU Referendum  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Fydsesque isn't it?

With any luck he's rotting away painfully from festering, irreversible syphilis.

Thought Ed did well there making Johnson look like a very naughty boy getting made a show of at assembly for stamping on the school gerbil 

Posted Images

The Labour 'Broad Church' is a busted flush I'd say and he was probably the first obvious casualty of this. Spread too thinly so appearing weak and dithering. Every time I've heard him speak when he's given time to talk clearly, he comes across as a decent person - not that I'd agree with his politics.

20 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

The Labour 'Broad Church' is a busted flush I'd say and he was probably the first obvious casualty of this. Spread too thinly so appearing weak and dithering. Every time I've heard him speak when he's given time to talk clearly, he comes across as a decent person - not that I'd agree with his politics.

I remember a conversation I had with Gilps who made the compelling argument that Labour can't afford a split without essentially guaranteeing future Tory governments. I also recall making the point that Brown should have supported a PR while in govt and Labour should have while out though I accept this ultimately gives smaller parties greater leverage. 

There's so many difficult aspects to this but the truth is the UK is a grubby f***ing political entity where the right has so many built in advantages, no less than the major party of the left sharing a f***load of political and ideological commitments that there really is no easy answer.

1 hour ago, stressederic said:

Yeah he's had Johnson off there. Do once again wonder why this version of Miliband didn't properly exist in that election campaign. Even accounting for the disgraceful behaviour of the press.

Wonder how long before Labour apologise?

"It was the right thing to do but the wrong time to do it."

2 hours ago, stressederic said:

Yeah he's had Johnson off there. Do once again wonder why this version of Miliband didn't properly exist in that election campaign. Even accounting for the disgraceful behaviour of the press.

Labour leaders are under intense pressure to cave to the demands of the right. Legitimate concerns on the racist doorsteps and all that.

Only one in my lifetime has been brave enough to stand up to it. 

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I think there’ll be a deal

Yes, I know Boris says otherwise today but every other noise this week has been erring  towards a deal. 

I think you’re being very optimistic here. The 27 Europeans countries are sick to death of 4 years of pissing about. It just takes one of the countries like Ireland ( who have been treated like s***e by the uk) to say no out of spite at the last moment and the uk is in trouble. 

1 hour ago, Tosh said:

I think there’ll be a deal

Yes, I know Boris says otherwise today but every other noise this week has been erring  towards a deal. 

Me too, a s*** one but painted as some amazing victory. 

It isn't about cocking up. It was always intended to be no deal. It's disaster capitalism. The negotiations have always been nonsense. Drive the country over a cliff, no deal, do the trade agreement with the US, sell off what's left to American companies, friends of Boris and Dom get paid. The idea that there's ever been any intention of what's best for the country is just insulting to people's intelligence. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

Boris saying to EU negotiators to not bother coming to the UK on Monday for further talks unless they have major concessions on free trade is a bit of a f*ckin cheek. They should call his bluff and tell him to go f*ck himself.

The EU is well aware that the briefings to the uk press today about preparing for a no deal is b******s.
Expecting Europe to go “ Oh no, I think the Uk is happy with a no deal, let’s quickly give them a better deal than everyone else in the EU as the whole of Europe will collapse without the amazingness of the Uk”  is f***ing daft.

They are bored of it. It’s a child’s move, like when your kid tries to do a magic trick and asks you to look away when he does the actual “magic”.

At this stage I’d be happy for the EU to tell the UK to do one and sort itself out with it’s amazing Canadian style deal that they can hammer out over a weekend. Oven ready etc.  

5 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

It isn't about cocking up. It was always intended to be no deal. It's disaster capitalism. The negotiations have always been nonsense. Drive the country over a cliff, no deal, do the trade agreement with the US, sell off what's left to American companies, friends of Boris and Dom get paid. The idea that there's ever been any intention of what's best for the country is just insulting to people's intelligence. 

I’m not sure it goes as far as what you suggest ( I’m probably wrong) because people like Johnson are stupid/ egotistical  enough to think they can still have a lasting legacy. They want power not just money. Boris will never be short of making a few quid but he won’t always have power, certainly not if they do what your suggesting. What you suggest has quite a quick end game and then it’s done.

like Trump it’s not about the money 💰 its the power surely. 

6 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

What I mean is the EU turned up Monday and said have all the effing fish and do state aid as you see fit especially to your mates, and these would f*** it up.

we still haven’t actually sorted out the Northern Ireland ting.  Where does their no deal that they have wanted all along place the border?  Er...we don’t need one, er...But it’ll be a strong border but invisible and thingy.

Everything backfires.  Everything except handing out loot.

49 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

If there's a deal & everything's s*** then the egg is on Johnson. If there's no deal then 'blame those pesky Europeans'

42 minutes ago, smithdown said:

What I mean is the EU turned up Monday and said have all the effing fish and do state aid as you see fit especially to your mates, and these would f*** it up.

we still haven’t actually sorted out the Northern Ireland ting.  Where does their no deal that they have wanted all along place the border?  Er...we don’t need one, er...But it’ll be a strong border but invisible and thingy.

Everything backfires.  Everything except handing out loot.

the fishing thing is so mental - wE waNT oUr fiSh

Fishing is about 0.1% of GDP

33 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

the fishing thing is so mental - wE waNT oUr fiSh

Fishing is about 0.1% of GDP

We wanted a deal like Canada has with the EU, like their fishing deal 3000 miles off the french coast

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

We'll get absolutely rinsed by the US trade deal and Johnson and his lot will renege on all their previous promises about food hygiene etc.

It's no coincidence that so many in the US were delighted with the prospect of us leaving the EU

16 minutes ago, Tommok said:

We'll get absolutely rinsed by the US trade deal and Johnson and his lot will renege on all their previous promises about food hygiene etc.

It's no coincidence that so many in the US were delighted with the prospect of us leaving the EU

The food standards stuff was entirely, predictably got rid of this week. 

At this stage I’d like the EU to pull the plug to be honest. Just cut the uk off and let’s see what happens. Maybe it’ll be amazing. 

Time to grow up. 

Maybe it’s a lesson the uk needs, to normalise itself again. A full reset. Where news gets told with some truth rather than normalising what everyone in Europe laughs about.