Sign in to follow this  
DazzlaJ

EU Referendum

EU Referendum  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mark Francois is actually sitting up all night to watch the sun rise over "a free Britain".

The f*ckin absolute a*******.

It will piss down

So, without going into details, over the Autumn/Winter I’ve been working for a local authority to help gather economic intelligence about the likely impact of various types of Brexit.

In short: this is going to go badly.

JUST THINK POSITIVE

Some comically grim clips on Twitter. What a mess awaits.

yeah - the only upside is that the press seem to have been searching out the biggest dimwits of all, there are probably reasonable people celebrating - maybe not - the lot in London & the Italian journo were particularly loathsome

You can just picture the hammering of the keyboard

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/norwich-tower-block-norfolk-brexit-racism_uk_5e3573bcc5b611ac94d541f5?guccounter=1

It goes without saying that a poster advocating the use of the "Queens English" is littered with spelling and grammatical errors.

That letter was an absolute disgrace. Takes some uberc*** to think that was acceptable.

So, without going into details, over the Autumn/Winter I’ve been working for a local authority to help gather economic intelligence about the likely impact of various types of Brexit.

In short: this is going to go badly.

To those already suffering. It's irrelevant. 

To those already suffering. It's irrelevant. 

No its isnt irrelevant. It could get even worse for them

No its isnt irrelevant. It could get even worse for them

People are already using foodbanks, struggling to pay bills. Seeing wages decrease cost of living increase etc. 

The money argument doesn't work and has never worked because it's all relative to the majority of the people in this country. If we're going to form a consensus around re-joining the EU at any point within the next 20-30 years we're going to have to start rethinking the argument 

People are already using foodbanks, struggling to pay bills. Seeing wages decrease cost of living increase etc. 

The money argument doesn't work and has never worked because it's all relative to the majority of the people in this country. If we're going to form a consensus around re-joining the EU at any point within the next 20-30 years we're going to have to start rethinking the argument 

I understand your point. My point is that its clear that it could get a lot worse for those people who are already suffering and add a lot more people on top

It will be about jobs if it’s about anything. An imbalance in secure employment here, wages here vs those in the EU and then it will be something to build a movement around.

Otherwise there’s nothing to win a popular vote.

I'm hoping that was autocorrect otherwise we need to talk,

SF going to do best in terms of 1st preference but they may not have stood as many candidates as they would have got over the line. FF should get the most seats, with FG and SF close behind but it's possible any coalition would need to go beyond the 3 main parties. SF have been most open about working with anyone to form a govt but FF stood on no coalitions with SF and FG is the old enemy so it's unclear how this will pan out.

It could well be the end of the week before we know what the govt looks like and possibly a couple of weeks

I'm hoping that was autocorrect otherwise we need to talk,

SF going to do best in terms of 1st preference but they may not have stood as many candidates as they would have got over the line. FF should get the most seats, with FG and SF close behind but it's possible any coalition would need to go beyond the 3 main parties. SF have been most open about working with anyone to form a govt but FF stood on no coalitions with SF and FG is the old enemy so it's unclear how this will pan out.

It could well be the end of the week before we know what the govt looks like and possibly a couple of weeks

It was autocorrect but I left it because it amused me

Is there any chance they could go back to the polls and SF field more candidates??

It was autocorrect but I left it because it amused me

Is there any chance they could go back to the polls and SF field more candidates??

Yeah if a govt can't be formed then there may be another election in which case SF would certainly field 2nd candidates where they have massive surpluses but the same issue is likely to be FF and FG will do just enough to prevent a SF led Left wing govt

FF now speaking about coalition with SF. Could easily be FF/FG too, with danger for them that two Civil War parties will become ever more indistinguishable. A left alliance of SF, Greens, People Before Profit, Social Democrats and Independents would be great if unlikely.

SF vote is more about their, largely left-wing, social and economic policies especially regarding housing than any republican resurgence. Having said that, there is no doubt that it being over two decades since conflict to Northern Ireland means there is no distance and a lot lf younger votes have no association of SF and IRA. It is remarkable that the party that is no the largest in the country was banned from TV in Ireland relatively recently. The exit poll showed that over-65s were only age cohort not to give most votes to SF.

I don't think the numbers add up for a SF led left wing govt but I do think that SF should speak to PBP and the Greens before speaking to FF and hit them with a united front ensuring the left gets the majority representation in govt

It could take a few months to form a government, and I think FF & FG won't want another election as SF would stand more candidates and become the largest party. I can see the current position of a FG minority government with consent & supply from FF switching round.