Sign in to follow this  
DazzlaJ

EU Referendum

EU Referendum  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No need to be snotty with me about it. An election solves nothing right now. Parliament is f***ed regardless of who’s in charge.

Labour will be campaigning for a confirmatory referendum. If they win you will get a people’s vote.

What I meant by my snotty reply is that with no majority government it’s pretty hard to get anything as divisive as a people’s vote on EU membership through the commons, even if the party with the most seats put it to a vote in parliament. Which this government certainly won’t. Get it? Cameron had a majority so he could get his referendum to happen.

Edited by Jarg Armani

Here we go, here we go, here we f***ing go.

Into the blueschite early doors, WE'VE f***ING GOT THIS RED PEOPLE

At some point someone has to f***ing say that Brexit will not get done on 31st Jan. It will be the start of 10 more years of this s***.

It keeps being said.

Until the direct impacts are being felt it won’t sink in for some.

I just joined the Labour Party. Apparently my membership pack will take 7-10 days to arrive which is insane as I’m probably our best campaigner but am being held back by this bureaucratic inefficiency.

@Gilps how do I do the door knock equivalent of slotting the fifth pen?

Edited by sammy & a

I just joined the Labour Party. Apparently my membership pack will take 7-10 days to arrive which is insane as I’m probably our best campaigner but am being held back by this bureaucratic inefficiency.

@Gilps how do I do the door knock equivalent of slotting the fifth pen?

You should start getting the daily emails immediately asking you to go out door knocking. During election times there will probably be several a day.

He’s been accused of being a sexual abuse enabler, a Czech spy, an ira supporter, an unintelligent old gardener, a pacifist who threatens our national security by not nuking everyone, a daft dreamer with a magic money tree and an anti semite.

The anti semitism one is the only one which has stuck. Possibly because there is more evidence of anti semitism on the left than there is evidence of any of the other things.

He isn’t an anti Semite of course, but just as labour didn’t manage to fight the charge that they crashed the economy, corbyn hasn’t managed to successfully deflate the AS thing. I’m not massively convinced the general population believe it or are that bothered compared to other issues, but there we are.

It’s the ease with which they get stuff to stick with him that’s worrying.

The game is already rigged - and for all his virtues and consistency for years there’s plenty of ammo for these c**** to find and blow up into an attack line.

Gilp’s mentioned way back in the thread a doorstep comment of anyone but that c*nt’ and Stevie H just nailed the communist attack lines. That’s before the A/S bulls***.

I hope the counter attack is as f***ing lethal as Klopp’s. The thought of that sac of c** winning is unbearable.

Edited by StevieC

You should start getting the daily emails immediately asking you to go out door knocking. During election times there will probably be several a day.

I had a look in the website and loads are when I’m at work but will do the others. Do you get prep? I don’t know enough. My missus says I do but she’s comparing it to her level of knowledge.

I’m not going in my area. Don’t want to knock on my neighbours’ doors and can’t bring myself to go for Streeting if there are other areas to do it in. I’ll suck it up if I have to though.

It’s the ease with which they get stuff to stick with him that’s worrying.

The game is already rigged - and for all his virtues and consistency for years there’s plenty of ammo for these c**** to find and blow up into an attack line.

Gilp’s mentioned way back in the thread a doorstep comment of anyone but that c*nt’ and Stevie H just nailed the communist attack lines. That’s before the A/S bulls***.

I hope the counter attack is as f***ing lethal as Klopp’s. The thought of that sac of c** winning is unbearable.

I disagree. The only one that’s ever stuck has been the A/S one. The others are ridiculous.

I had a look in the website and loads are when I’m at work but will do the others. Do you get prep? I don’t know enough. My missus says I do but she’s comparing it to her level of knowledge.

I’m not going in my area. Don’t want to knock on my neighbours’ doors and can’t bring myself to go for Streeting if there are other areas to do it in. I’ll suck it up if I have to though.

Consider joining momentum. They arrange trips to door knock in nearby marginals.

It keeps being said.

Until the direct impacts are being felt it won’t sink in for some.

Not well enough and not well enough to the electorate.

Often they'll meet at a local pub or something with instructions and then fan out. If you're a newbie you can ask to shadow an experienced door knocker. Just be prepared for people treating you like you've s*** in their bed just for ringing their bell Edited by Sion

Consider joining momentum. They arrange trips to door knock in nearby marginals.

I won’t consider it. I’ll do it. I like them.

Often they'll meet at a local pub or something with instructions and then fan out. If you're a newbie you can ask to shadow an experienced door knocker. Just be prepared for people treating you like you've s*** in their bed just for ringing their bell

I’m an estate agent. I’m ready!

I disagree. The only one that’s ever stuck has been the A/S one. The others are ridiculous.

Friend of terrorists. Marxist/communist. Secret Brexiter. Hates our troops. They’ve all stuck with different groups and they’re all being quoted still.

A/S (the most ridiculous one of all given his record) has the most profile - but I bet it’s the one those swing voters give the least of a s*** about.

I won’t consider it. I’ll do it. I like them.

I’m an estate agent. I’m ready!

Kill two birds with one stone.

"Hi, I'm from the Labour Party. Are you looking to sell your house?"

Good luck out there, sammy & a.

You should get a login to myLabour soon which will have a massive list of events in your area and nearby areas, including training for doorknocking. As Sion said, first few times you can shadow someone which is useful to see how the specific (attack) lines you'll be using locally can be woven into your conversation.

Welcome comrade!

Watching BBC Breakfast News - a Labour MP called Tonia Antoniazzi on talking about the election. Couldn't bring herself to talk up Labour's chances or praise JC. Does she honestly think the BBC will chase her down and demand to know why she predicted a landslide weeks before the election if it doesn't happen? Just go both barrels on live TV, especially when you've got a sad sack Independent MP next to you who spent the entire interview speaking directly to her constituents begging for reelection.

FFS

Welcome Sammya.

S others have said, canvass sessions should be appearing online and you can see them on MyLabour. Sounds like you’ve already discovered that. Don’t worry about not knowing what your doing, the people involved should be welcoming and should be set up to support first time canvassers - especially at election time. Locally, we always pair people up with experienced canvassers until they’re confident of doing it on their own.

It’s always great to help out in your local area. Not sure exactly where you’re based, but think there’s a chance it’s a safe seat. Campaigning still needs doing in these, but if you can get to morevmarginal seats nearby, you might want to consider this. You can search by any area in the events on MyLabour to see what’s going in other places too.

I presume a lot of us will be sent to Southport this time as a three way marginal. They've never had a labour MP and have flip flopped between yellow and blue, but a lot of the lib dem support has historically been tactical voting. The Labour candidate Liz is lovely but I can't see it turning red as there is a lot of support for Brexit and anti-Corbyn sentiment. It's going to be really interesting to see how it plays out.

Labour have been total s*** at engaging me since I joined in 2010 by the way. I’ve done a lot of legwork myself, campaigned and gone along to CLP meetings, but I may as well not exist as far as they’re concerned. Bet there’s loads of people like me who joined expecting to be acknowledged and given instructions on how to help and got nothing. One of the several reasons why something like momentum was needed.

He was a frightening piece of s***. Watched him on bourdain’s show on Netflix, it’s f***ed up. Smears him in deer blood or something. Bourdain not into it at all. It’s unnerving.

He wrote an article about shooting an ape because it was the closest thing he could think of to killing a human being. The despicable c***.

Also

There is a reason why the Chinese are making fake Italian handbags and the Italians aren’t making fake Chinese ones.

is just pure racism.

Labour have been total s*** at engaging me since I joined in 2010 by the way. I’ve done a lot of legwork myself, campaigned and gone along to CLP meetings, but I may as well not exist as far as they’re concerned. Bet there’s loads of people like me who joined expecting to be acknowledged and given instructions on how to help and got nothing. One of the several reasons why something like momentum was needed.

They're always ringing me and sending me stuff. Probably too much tbh.

They're always ringing me and sending me stuff. Probably too much tbh.

Think they send far too many generative and fund raising emails from central office. Think Jarg Armani was talking more locally than that. It’s always going to be a mixed bag as it’s dependent on the people running things in CLPs and branches and the time and interest those individuals will have will vary wildly from place to place. In general, I reckon all local parties can and should do more to engage members though.