Sign in to follow this  
lfc4eva99

Welcome Joel Matip

10 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I'd like to see van den Berg get a game alongside van Dijk and see what happens. If you could ship out Lovren and use a combo of him and Fabinho you might be able to put that money towards something that provides cover elsewhere. 

Not sure he's looked even close to being ready when we've seen him, playing with van Dijk would obviously help that I guess. There's also Hoever in a similar scenario. 

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

Won’t Gomez just play every game now?

You'd expect so. I think Matip only started at Everton because we were expected, rightly, an aerial barrage and Matip is taller.  

I’d rather play with 10 men than have Lovren in the team. I think this emphasises the need to replace Lovren this summer 

Lovren will start at least 3 of the last 7 I reckon 

And will do absolutely fine. I'm with you Degsy

Edited by McBain

3 minutes ago, mofus77 said:

Not sure he's looked even close to being ready when we've seen him, playing with van Dijk would obviously help that I guess. There's also Hoever in a similar scenario. 

I don't think Hoever is considered a centre half. Thing with van den Berg is that, no he hasn't looked ready, but he's also played in bit part mashed up teams, or actual youth teams, and I don't think that really helps any player demonstrate what they're capable of when they're playing against Premier League footballers surrounded by a number of players that are going to spend their careers being decent Lower League players. 

56 minutes ago, Dan said:

Shame. He's a bloody good player. Miles better than Lovren. Is it the Richarlison injury?

Probably the 4th best CB in the league 

40 minutes ago, Andy-oh-six said:

Hopefully he can stay fit. 

He's not been injured since he came back from his broken leg has he? He's been unlucky with big injuries but (touch wood) not small ones.

37 minutes ago, McBain said:

Lovren will start at least 3 of the last 7 I reckon 

And will do absolutely fine. I'm with you Degsy

We'll lose at least one of these games

• Like 1

Hoever looks really talented technically but if he's a right back then he's either got his work cut out or it means Williams has his work cut out. Not an awful thing but would be great if he could be a boss centre back. Only 5.11, could do with growing a bit.

13 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Hoever looks really talented technically but if he's a right back then he's either got his work cut out or it means Williams has his work cut out. Not an awful thing but would be great if he could be a boss centre back. Only 5.11, could do with growing a bit.

There was talk that they were trying to teach Hoever how to play Fabinho's position. 

16 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Think Williams benefited from Hoever going with Holland to the youth world Cup

Maybe they can compete for the right back position if TAA moves into midfield 

6 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Vertonghen out of contract isn't he? Decent 4th choice.

Had a few injuries of his own hasn't he the last couple of years, from what I can think.

Matip is a bit of an issue now fitness wise though. He's third choice but you need him available for when one of the others isn't really. I'd still keep him and get rid of Lovren like but the lad coming in needs to be reliable.

8 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Vertonghen out of contract isn't he? Decent 4th choice.

can play leftback as well right? 

Yeah Hoever is a funny one because he clearly has tons of ability but it’s just about where to use him. If he played CB in the Premier League he would be targeted by a lot of teams aerially. Being 5”11 doesn’t make it impossible to be a great CB (Cannavaro) but you have to be really strong and able to stand your ground in that challenge to at least be able to make it hard for the striker. 

Edited by Leo No.8

50 minutes ago, Gethin said:

He's not been injured since he came back from his broken leg has he? He's been unlucky with big injuries but (touch wood) not small ones.

True. He’s been available for every game bar Watford away I think. 

30 minutes ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Try other things rather than playing Lovren. Put Fabinho though. Hendo has done has job there in the past too. Gave Adrian a run out. Whatever 

Basically ABL.

2 hours ago, Sion said:

Surely this is tailor made for some kids to get minutes playing PL footy. Lovren can f*** off. 

Lovren is a decent player but yeah, it just doesn't matter that much and we can blood someone.

2 hours ago, mofus77 said:

he was awful in every game bar the shrewsbury replay where he was good.

1 hour ago, Leo No.8 said:

Yeah Hoever is a funny one because he clearly has tons of ability but it’s just about where to use him. If he played CB in the Premier League he would be targeted by a lot of teams aerially. Being 5”11 doesn’t make it impossible to be a great CB (Cannavaro) but you have to be really strong and able to stand your ground in that challenge to at least be able to make it hard for the striker. 

He’s gonna be a DM I reckon.