Sign in to follow this  
sean

Any running folk on here

It’s meant to (and seems to) force you into a mid foot strike and, I assume that as you get more time doing that your body has to adapt to become efficient with that kind of stride.

3 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I'm basically doing it to stop getting fat(ter).

View spoiler

Word. Other than a vague feeling of being a bit happier with life generally when I've done it, for me it's only to stave off obesity, heart attack and stroke No real enjoyment in it at all. 

6 hours ago, kop205 said:

You can see improvements in pace pretty quickly, though as others have said above, it isn't (or at least shouldn't) be all about that.

I just don't have much discipline in terms of being able to accept a slower run as a means to building better fitness in the long term and yeah, Strava (which I do really) like is part of the issue.

One of my runs is a flat-out 2 miler which boosts my ego a bit when I see a fast average pace but probably does f*** all for fitness!

it will

I generally do a speed workout and a tempo workout each week plus 2-3 longer easy paced ones.

Obviously depends on your goals, If you're a 5k runner, then you'll want more speed than I do & running 13-15 or more isn 't something you'll need to do a lot

for example my speed tomorrow is

2M warms

then 1M, 1200, 1000, 800, 400 all broken up by 400m recoveries. 5k pace for the first 3, then 3k pace (whatever that is) for the last 2

Then cools

Anyone recommend a good pair of shoes in the 50-100 range? 

Reviews seem to be so mixed for every shoe I find. 

One of the positives from this lockdown is I'm now as fit as I've ever been!

Running PBs on my usual route, which is just over 10k. Also, I read on here about doing the casual jog so gave it a go; got near the end and realised I was almost at the PB level!

I have plenty of hills round here in Yorkshire so I do 1 run a week up over the hill to the halfway point of the 10k route I do. The incline is ridiculous at times - probably ~15%. The theory being it makes the 10k run seem a breeze on the 'flatter' run (it's still a bit up and down). Seems to have done the trick!