By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Random low content stuff

Swan Red

Been down to Rhosilli / Worms Head on the Gower for a lovely walk and now off to our wine suppliers annual tasting in Mumbles tonight. After the clusterf*** that has been this week I *really* needed that walk today to clear my head - and the tasting tonight to scramble it again 😂

Last ever "weird s*** that happens when you run a B&B" post.

Guest and his mate tried to start a fight with me this morning as I was blocking their exit as they tried to leave without paying. Apparently "I'm not paying for this f***ing s*** service" was 'cos we wouldn't let them have the room until 7pm this evening.

They got out 'cos one of them pushed me off balance so they could leg it to a mate waiting outside to pick them up. Room stank of fags too when we went up to clean it. We don't think they ever intended to pay

No real harm done but 7 years of mostly awesome guests, then that happens with our last weekend open to the public - I'm still absolutely raging about it

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

Guest and his mate tried to start a fight with me this morning as I was blocking their exit as they tried to leave without paying. Apparently "I'm not paying for this f***ing s*** service" was 'cos we wouldn't let them have the room until 7pm this evening.

They got out 'cos one of them pushed me off balance so they could leg it to a mate waiting outside to pick them up. Room stank of fags too when we went up to clean it. We don't think they ever intended to pay

No real harm done but 7 years of mostly awesome guests, then that happens with our last weekend open to the public - I'm still absolutely raging about it

Blimey - that's ridiculous. 

Asking for a late checkout is one thing but expecting to stay until 7pm is taking the piss. 

Is it not standard to pay in advance for accommodation these days? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Blimey - that's ridiculous. 

Asking for a late checkout is one thing but expecting to stay until 7pm is taking the piss. 

Is it not standard to pay in advance for accommodation these days? 

Innit.

We take payment on checkout 'cos most have drinks / food etc - it works really well for us and this is the first time someone's done a runner. We knew that these guys had supplied an invalid credit card but that happens quite often and we ignored it 'cos it was just a one night stay.

It's not the money TBH, I'm more angry that this will be one of our last "guest memories" after 7 great years.

52 minutes ago, Gethin said:

FFS - I just couldn't deal with that at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gethin said:

Innit.

We take payment on checkout 'cos most have drinks / food etc - it works really well for us and this is the first time someone's done a runner. We knew that these guys had supplied an invalid credit card but that happens quite often and we ignored it 'cos it was just a one night stay.

It's not the money TBH, I'm more angry that this will be one of our last "guest memories" after 7 great years.

Cheeky buggers.

Is it worth reporting to the police? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charlie clown said:

The good news is that I think that the girls generally grow out of it. My lad is still having teenage moments and he's now in his thirties.  😁

My lad is 22. Left him to organize getting 4 tires for his car. Had I not stepped in, I would have been out $1200. Check out a few places, I said. Don't just pick the first one, or the dealership. 

$1 to whoever guesses where he was all set to go.

Edited by Nebraska Red
  • Haha 1

So I’m talking to one of the lads and a fella he knows goes past who I’ve seen around but never been sure about - he’s got turn-ups on his jeans and leads with his chin when he walks, one of them - and he says he’s getting on alright yano can’t complain except that the new ferret he has got is okay but just isn’t the same as his last one that snuffed it, cos he had that for ages and it was like a best friend, an irreplaceable ferret it turns out.  I walked off and went in a shop at this point and bought something I didn’t need, just to get away from him and think. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smithdown said:

So I’m talking to one of the lads and a fella he knows goes past who I’ve seen around but never been sure about - he’s got turn-ups on his jeans and leads with his chin when he walks, one of them - and he says he’s getting on alright yano can’t complain except that the new ferret he has got is okay but just isn’t the same as his last one that snuffed it, cos he had that for ages and it was like a best friend, an irreplaceable ferret it turns out.  I walked off and went in a shop at this point and bought something I didn’t need, just to get away from him and think. 

I don’t know what you found perplexing about this fella. He sounds a bit eccentric, harmless enough.

People get close to their pets. Don’t worry if his jeans are turned up. What was the thing about walking with his chin ?

18 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

I don’t know what you found perplexing about this fella. He sounds a bit eccentric, harmless enough.

People get close to their pets. Don’t worry if his jeans are turned up. What was the thing about walking with his chin ?

Ferrets?  Turn-ups?  What is this? 1972?

He’s one of those here’s my head my a*** is coming merchants.  Must be always in a rush to get home to see his elongated rat. 

• Haha 1