Random low content stuff

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is more like it 

Went and got two dogs today from the rescue centre. 1-year old female called Sophie and another 1-year old little mad bundle of fun with three legs called, harshly, Wuhan. Sophie had been abandoned to

My family and I have had quite the adventure this past few months. We had been planning our move to the North East coast of Florida for many years. Our son was settled in at the University of Central

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Couple check into our place having cycled up from Cardiff today. Get chatting to them and we realise he’s my old Maths teacher 

Wish my old maths teacher would show up

I’d punch his f***ing head in 

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

It was a great weekend, if a little damp. 

The weather was f***ing awful - I'd gone to Glastonbury earlier that year and it was absolutely roasting. 

Yeah burnt to a crisp at glasto that year, like a drowned rat at reading. My girlfriend at the time agreed we didn’t need to take boots to reading and then i turned up at the meeting point in trainers only to see everyone including her in boots!! My feet were cold and soaking all weekend. We did end up married tho,and still are. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, smithdown said:

Was that The Orb that year?

Yep The Orb and Primal Scream both played in 1992 at Glasto, along with pretty much all of the indie bands I was in to at the time (some of which I'd probably have a pop at Lamacq for still playing ;)).

It was brilliant weekend and weather was great.

Full line up here: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/history/history-1992/

There was a picture of the crowd (watching Curve I think) in the NME Glasto special and I was clearly visible - still got the clipping framed on the wall at my mum's house :)

Edited by Tommok
5 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

Who was on at glasto that year? I’m enjoying this reminiscing from you all, despite it being a bit Lamacq esque 😉

'What's the hottest festival you have ever been to? Text us with your answer"

16 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Yep The Orb and Primal Scream both played in 1992 at Glasto, along with pretty much all of the indie bands I was in to at the time (some of which I'd probably have a pop at Lamacq for still playing ;)).

There was a picture of the crowd (watching Curve I think) in the NME Glasto special and I was clearly visible - still got the clipping framed on the wall at my mum's house :)

I've still got the 'official' poster somewhere

12 minutes ago, smithdown said:

My first one that was, went over the wall - can remember Fundamental, Dr Phibes and The Orb but not much else but that will do

Add The Stairs, Spiritualized and The Fall and that was about it for me too

31 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Boss. I’ve got the same thing from 10 years later in the middle of the crowd watching QOTSA on the other stage.

On 31/08/2020 at 22:47, lammyrider said:

Indeed, I just drank through the hyperthermia. Our tent flooded in the night and i ended up sleeping in a car. I actually bought one of those blankets from the joe banana stall I was so cold.  

Four of us tried to sleep in a mini countryman.. I say sleep I mean sat there tripping to f*** in a downpour. Nirvana were f***ing great it must be said, the live album of it is OK but it will  never have the oomph you get there. 

People who chucked mud at mudhoney were c**** though. 

And John peel saying this is the most punk thing you'll see all weekend to introduce Therapy?...it wasn't. 

14 hours ago, smithdown said:

My first one that was, went over the wall - can remember Fundamental, Dr Phibes and The Orb but not much else but that will do

Yeah.. And ozrics complaining about the levellers being on at same time splitting the crusty vote. 

Edited by Ostrich Man
9 minutes ago, Ostrich Man said:

They quickly became that... Their first single meat abstract/punishment kiss and the first album were great though. 

Yeah I heard the first album for the first time in years a few weeks ago - still sounds great. Disappeared up their own arses after that