Random low content stuff

3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Enjoyed that, thanks. I cannot imagine an “armistice party” today but essentially that’s what the (pre-c-19) street parties today would have been 

Although possibly slightly less prostitutes with the pre-c-19 street parties today.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is more like it 

Went and got two dogs today from the rescue centre. 1-year old female called Sophie and another 1-year old little mad bundle of fun with three legs called, harshly, Wuhan. Sophie had been abandoned to

My family and I have had quite the adventure this past few months. We had been planning our move to the North East coast of Florida for many years. Our son was settled in at the University of Central

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, stressederic said:

Although possibly slightly less prostitutes with the pre-c-19 street parties today.

Don’t worry, they’re all round Kyle Walker’s gaff

:badoomtish:

• Haha 1
Just now, Gethin said:

Don’t worry, they’re all round Kyle Walker’s gaff

:badoomtish:

Presumably for a tedious afternoon where he is constantly found out of position and only barely rescues the situation thanks to his speed?

• Haha 4
11 minutes ago, stressederic said:

Fewer prostitutes.

bloody academics. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Enjoyed that, thanks. I cannot imagine an “armistice party” today but essentially that’s what the (pre-c-19) street parties today would have been 

Ain't no part like an armistice party

4 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Fewer prostitutes.

bloody academics. 😉

If I’ve discovered one thing as a straight white male academic it’s that existing rules don’t apply to me! Grammatical or otherwise!

• Haha 1

Got home at half four and one of the neighbours, possibly the old couple two doors away have been playing, loudly, Vera Lynn and other assorted 40s 'classics' in the garden the whole time since. 

I'm almost wondering at this point if they put the CD on repeat then both carked it

So yesterday my son asks me if I can hear the sound of a mosquito device ( those devices that people install to move along teenagers. Not sure if they are legal.) He had a link to it on YouTube and I couldn’t hear it at all but he could.
His friends were playing around with it and sending it to each other on WhatsApp.
He said it’s a horrible sound and he’s started to hear it in our garden. 
So I looked it up and apparently there is something called an Ultrasonic Pest Repeller. We have neighbours who are quite “particular” about their garden and I reckon they bought one as she mentioned our cat came into her garden the other day which she wasn’t happy about at all. No idea if it works on animals. 

It supposedly buzzes every 30 seconds or so. So now he’s not going outside and prefers to sit inside as the sound is so annoying. 

So how would you broach this with a neighbour you’ve had a little bit of history with ? 

Has football Twitter always been so full of anonymous fan accounts seemingly run by teenagers or has it increased during lockdown? Presumably heightened by schools being off.

Every football story is absolutely over run by s*** wind-up accounts called something like 'King KDB' or 'Rapid Rashford'