Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

Random low content stuff

15 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

I haven't read up on the Musk stuff but have done work bits about low earth orbit satellites designed to create a globe-encompassing network of internet coverage. Ostensibly for connecting remote sites like oil rigs and mines but also ships at sea and remote islands, all by satellite connectivity. 

Seems reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Yeah it's this, plus rural communities where it's not "economic" to connect them to decent standard broadband.

In 10 years your view of the night sky is going to look radically different as Musk and other companies chuck their satellites up there

There's already about 800 LEO satellites up there and the planned megaconstellation is supposed to be about 20,000 of them, all thrown up there by assorted projects. Musk's alone are already interfering with visibility of the night sky according to astronomers. But frankly I think that's a small price to pay for some sailor prick on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic being able to log onto Tinder.

10 minutes ago, Tommok said:

How do you get permission to send a satellite in to space, who administers/manages that process?

The countries with satellite launching capabilities (US, Russia, China?) seem to be able to do what they like

Of course the US has opened it up to commercial launchers like SpaceX - and they're going to be providing payload capacity to the US Government and NASA so Musk has got them over a barrel when it comes to doing his commercial stuff

46 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

I have 5 rings on the hob so that leaves a spare for the beans or tomatoes. And I'm unemployed.

and clearly dont know what goes in a fry.

Have we learned nothing in the last decade!

7 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

This seems the perfect time to re-litigate old forum beefs

Pork, not beef in a fry. FFS.

lol....but id argue beef sausages have more place in a fry than f***ing beans.

and i know im alone in this mostly...or a nice piece of vegetable roll.

Edited by Ostrich Man

1 minute ago, Ostrich Man said:

lol....but id argue beef sausages have more place in a fry than f***ing beans.

You'd be amazed how much vitriol Baked Beans stir up. When we opened the B&B I chucked a post up on FB asking how people liked their baked beans on a fry-up

1) On the plate

2) In a ramekin

3) Not at all

Got something like 200 replies mostly people having really extreme opinions about baked f***ing beans. Our default is now "on the plate but segregated from the rest using the sausage"

If I'm making a cooked breakfast for me it's 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, mushrooms. No beans, no tomatoes. Black/white pudding isn't really a thing here.

2 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

What's vegetable roll?

vegetable-roll-traditional-sliced_800x.j

beef sausage meat and some green things.

I count it as 1 of my 5 a day purely on the name.

Edited by Ostrich Man

2 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

What's vegetable roll?

Used to love bubble and squeak on a fry in a proper caff in London.

Very London thing isn't it. Not a million miles away from hash browns though

30 minutes ago, Tommok said:

How do you get permission to send a satellite in to space, who administers/manages that process?

Basically if you have the means to send up a satellite, you can do. The Outer Space Treaty is interesting reading. It forbids earthly nations from claiming ownership of things in space, prohibits the placing of nuclear weapons in space, but doesn't ban other weapons from being located in space as nobody is invading anybody's sovereign territory by placing them there. Same applies to satellites I think. Nobody owns the real estate, so have at it.

7 minutes ago, Ostrich Man said:

vegetable-roll-traditional-sliced_800x.j

beef sausage meat and some green things.

I count it as 1 of my 5 a day purely on the name.

Looks like brawn for dogs

6 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Nah bubble and squeak was popular round ours as well as a kid. 

I'm not really a fan of beans but tomatoes with the egg yolk, hot sauce, and the remnants of the puddling with white bread and butter is the best way to round of a breakfast

9 minutes ago, Gethin said:

It's a million miles away from hash browns, smooth potato and other veg VS grated potato.

I really don't know why I hate hash browns so much, I'll be made up with most other types of potato on a fry.

That vegetable roll looks nice. Working our way through some white pudding at the moment, the king of breakfast items.

There's a stall in Cardiff market that does something they call Tiger Bay pudding, which is basically a much spicier version of White Pudding. That's great as well.

Edited by cymrococh

McDonalds Sausage Muffins and Hash Browns are my guilty pleasure and I don't think we should be that guilty of our pleasures tbh

1 minute ago, Swan Red said:

McDonalds Sausage Muffins and Hash Browns are my guilty pleasure and I don't think we should be that guilty of our pleasures tbh

Bizarrely McDonalds hash browns are the only ones I'll eat, probably because if I'm having a McDonalds breakfast I'm not in the state to be picky

4 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

unless youre a paedo or sex offender in general.

13 minutes ago, cymrococh said:
21 minutes ago, Gethin said:

It's a million miles away from hash browns, smooth potato and other veg VS grated potato.

I really don't know why I hate hash browns so much, I'll be made up with most other types of potato on a fry.

I like bubble and squeak - but it’s got to be on the Monday night made with the Sunday lunch leftovers.

Anything potato-related doesn’t belong on a breakfast IMO.