Swan Red

Random low content stuff

In a complete reversal of stereotypical roles, I found myself cooking some soup stock this evening and just got a text from my wife who is doing tequila shots as part of a poker evening with some friends.

Just wondering if I should pretend to be asleep when she clatters around the house when she gets home. 😊

9 hours ago, Gethin said:

**Sad post from someone that does a lot of house cleaning**

Dyson stick vacuums are very good - but in our experience the parts wear out quickly. We bought a V6 4 years ago (before I realised what a c*** James Dyson is) and we've had to replace every part on it in that time. That said we can get round the whole of the house comfortably on its 15 min battery life and it does a really thorough job - the newer models have more like 40-50 min battery life.

If you want to do a side by side comparison with all of them, Currys usually have the whole Dyson, Shark & Vax range in stock in store. I looked a couple of months ago - as we're going to have to buy a new one soon - and unfortunately the Dysons are still way better than the competition in terms of weight and manoeuvrability. I haven't looked at the Miele's before and with their reputation for lasting they might be worth a look - although I notice they've only got 2 year guarantees on which is standard for stick vacuums but short for Miele

Who gives a f*** 

Quick question given I live alone does having my MA cert framed and put on the wall make me a t***. I'm kinda undecided

5 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Quick question given I live alone does having my MA cert framed and put on the wall make me a t***. I'm kinda undecided

No

Mine inside the house cos alternatives would be t***ty enough I wouldn't have to ask ;)

Cheers muley

4 hours ago, Swan Red said:

When you next bring a Judy back, it will clinch the deal 

12 hours ago, Swan Red said:

If you have an office at home or even a designated Vic room it's fine. In the front room is a little bit t***ty.

13 hours ago, Swan Red said:

tumblr_ma136ha3yc1r2xls3o1_500.jpg

Just seen a campervan with one of those family stickers on the side, there was a gap where the mother obviously used to be. Whatever the situation, that's a big move.

I learned last week that in Denmark, the home of Lego, <Lego> is pronounced "Lay-go" and not "Leg-oh". I keep pondering on this and for some reason it quietly makes me very pleased that I know it.

Edited by charlie clown

Started Red Dead Redemption 2 today. Because there’s only so much sitting and looking out the window I can do.

Dark innit? Like literally. I can’t see what’s going on. 

Edited by Swipe

11 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Google will be your friend on sorting that out.

Lovely. Thank you. 

Bought a bag of weed last summer, it was an impulse buy probably something to do with recapturing youth or something - I haven't smoked for 15 odd years. Anyways its been in a draw all this time - that is up until now...

:stevieh::blink: 

it seemed like a break glass in case of emergency moment at the time.... and now it fecking feels great!!

1 minute ago, Swan Red said:

this seems very appropriate

Unless he's working from home as an Air Traffic Controller

I'd put up a gif of a clip from Airplane if I knew how