Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

Random low content stuff

Car got broken into last night. Looks like they used a laptop to get some information from my fob which I'd left near the front door and then used it to override the central locking. Two pairs of Ray Bans down the little c****.

Ah f*** I booked one for 6.15pm!

They usually jump on another option which heads to Victoria or one of the other stations... So am sure you will be fine. Just well worth keeping an eye on the times during the day to check for delays/cancellations

Car got broken into last night. Looks like they used a laptop to get some information from my fob which I'd left near the front door and then used it to override the central locking. Two pairs of Ray Bans down the little c****.

Getting so common this.... I know it's probably a bit late but you can buy a pouch for your keys on amazon which stops them getting a signal or apparently putting the keys inside the microwave helps

Sorry to hear that Dan.

Must be a roaring trade in stolen Ray-Bans at the moment - I had 2 pairs in my bag that got nicked recently

Listening to Lauren Laverne interviewing Sleater‐Kinney. 

I like Laverne, but I’d really like it if the presenters of 6Music could learn how to ask a question without first spending a minute to let us know how much they know about the answer. 

2 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Listening to Lauren Laverne interviewing Sleater‐Kinney. 

I like Laverne, but I’d really like it if the presenters of 6Music could learn how to ask a question without first spending a minute to let us know how much they know about the answer. 

She is probably the best interviewer on the station as well. Lamacq, Keaveny, Anne-Hobbes, Cerys. All so bad in their own ways.

Lamacq's dreadful for it. Starts talking before the question is formed in his tiny mind, then spends 30 seconds garbling out a question which he rephrases 3 or 4 times before he shuts up. Considering he's the only one of them that used to be a journalist, it's really s***.

Hugely boring question, but anyone got a vacuum cleaner they'd recommend? Dyson or Shark maybe? 

£100-£200 ideally. Not sure I could stomach paying more for one.

Shark are good, they feel like transformers. If Brexit wasn't enough then those f*cking blade handdryers have exposed Dyson for the fraud he is.

Shark are the new boys in town aren't they. Look a bit cheaper too. 

Dyson is a gammon but that man knows his suction technology. 

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Hugely boring question, but anyone got a vacuum cleaner they'd recommend? Dyson or Shark maybe? 

Miele C3, much better value than Dyson,  on offer from currys at the moment for £149 which is a bargain 

Cheers Hass. Just looked it up. That looks like a regular type vacuum cleaner though? Wouldn't mind one like a Dyson/Shark. 

Edited by Swipe

2 hours ago, Swipe said:

I enjoy a Miele.

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Miele C3, much better value than Dyson,  on offer from currys at the moment for £149 which is a bargain 

I see Hass also enjoys a Miele.

We should both go on a diet!

Just a bit of fun.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

**Sad post from someone that does a lot of house cleaning**

Dyson stick vacuums are very good - but in our experience the parts wear out quickly. We bought a V6 4 years ago (before I realised what a c*** James Dyson is) and we've had to replace every part on it in that time. That said we can get round the whole of the house comfortably on its 15 min battery life and it does a really thorough job - the newer models have more like 40-50 min battery life.

If you want to do a side by side comparison with all of them, Currys usually have the whole Dyson, Shark & Vax range in stock in store. I looked a couple of months ago - as we're going to have to buy a new one soon - and unfortunately the Dysons are still way better than the competition in terms of weight and manoeuvrability. I haven't looked at the Miele's before and with their reputation for lasting they might be worth a look - although I notice they've only got 2 year guarantees on which is standard for stick vacuums but short for Miele

5 hours ago, Hassony said:

I concur. We bought a Miele and it is powerful as feck. Not a single bit of trouble with it in four years as well.

We do only use it once a year though :badoomtish: