Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

Random low content stuff

There are far worse writers than Falconhoof and Cymro selling shot loads of books

Agree

Let’s turn our good intentions in to deeds

Two words: ‘crowdfunding’

Which proposition do we prefer?

1 we raise money for a weekly wage of £300 pw - enough to live on while he writes, for a year and then he doesn’t need a job and can devote himself full time

2 we raise money for state of the art recording and filming equipment in his cab, from which he can garner material.....probably secretly

Two stipulations:

1 as normal, we get half the profits

2 we have (limited) production input, so my suggestion would be if it’s sci-fi, make it lo-fi

There are far worse writers than Falconhoof and Cymro selling shot loads of books

Why do you hate Stressederic so much?

Will I be recording the material in my taxi in secret from myself ?

Yes, you’re not gonna be in the technical or the muscle end of the organisation

It’s that extra layer of security you might need in case this enterprise ever ends up in a court room setting

I got hit by a guy once and he must have been uninsured because he begged me to say that his wife was driving rather than him. I couldn't bring myself to lie so blatantly (his wife wasn't even there) so just said I wasn't sure and it could have been either of them.

I got hit by a woman in an old Renault, I saw her coming and had I not taken swift remedial action she would have been in serious trouble, I was driving an E Class and they are like a tank compared to a Clio. She got away with her car being banged up but driveable. I got out of the car, my anger at her dangerous diabolical driving curtailed when I saw two kids in the back. I calmed down, checked she was ok, took her reg and name and address and off we went. Over £3000 damage to my Merc with a £400 excess.

Her name and address were bogus, the police made a cursory attempt (so they said) to find her but she wasn't English, nobody knew her, they gave up almost immediately. These things happen.

Except Direct Line who I was then insured with, you know, the ones who pay the excess if you are hit by an uninsured driver refused to pay out. As we couldn't find the f*cking witch I couldn't claim because I couldn't find her to prove she wasn't insured. I had the claim on my record and not only did I have to pay the excess my premium went up. They are a bunch of f*cking shoisters.

I've had the opposite with Direct Line.

A few years ago I had two incidents in 6 months where the other driver was at fault, they were the insurer and they were great both times.

The second one was a van turning across me - swapped details with the van driver who admitted fault (obvious and I had 2 witnesses). Trouble was he was driving a company van with a "no under 30s" exclusion on the policy so whilst the owner had told him to drive it he wasn't covered - reckon he was in his early 20s. I was with Aviva they were with Direct Line - DL settled with Aviva promptly and then went and sued the company owner to get their money back. Assume he must have settled 'cos I was meant to go to a court hearing as a witness but it got sorted before that

Everyone seems to have stories about getting hit by uninsured drivers/ not their fault etc

Aren’t there any stories of reckless driving, causing accidents etc?

Everyone seems to have stories about getting hit by uninsured drivers/ not their fault etc

I once had an accident on the M25 because I was playing candy crush in traffic, I was driving my mother's car as well

Luckily it was a small accident, but it caused me to lose my no claim discount, and it cost me 1000's in insurance and having to fix my mother's car

It was idiotic and I certainly learned my lesson

I honestly think this is f***ing brilliant, and that you’d make an excellent writer.

I agree - it's got a very 'right now' feel to it, with Brexit & Social Media & Fake News and stuff, that Americana kind of 'everyone's better than everyone else at everything' feel.

I would love to meet someone who actually said that or something very similar

More your bag that isn't it?

More your bag that isn't it?

Yeah, more edgy and realistic

It’s almost impossible to live up to the high moral standards of YNWA although just being here inspires me to do better

So this one time I drove around a roundabout the wrong way and a taxi crashed in to me

It’s not like I was drunk or forgot what country I was in - I just saw a gap and I didn’t fancy turning the wheel as my car didn’t have power steering

The dopey f***er came out of nowhere and I’m sure he could have avoided me if he’d been paying attention

But I guess the law doesn’t work that way, so you have to take your medicine

My pest controller bloke said that the traps he's put in my basement have been activated but there's nothing in them.What he's figured out is that the traps have moved & there are bits of fur in them.So - something big is going to the traps and dragging them to the wall where it can remove its 'prey' and take it off to the lair.I shall try to trap this creature this weekend and bring it to the office

he's putting a motion-sensitive camera in there to see what it is.I hope it's the Blair Witch

It's a lazy cat - why hunt a mouse when you can wait for it to caught in a trap and eat it without it trying to run away

~what's with the f***ing bongs?

If the thing is ready, ring it. If it's not, don't. But if you're fixing it, don't suddenly decide with 2 weeks to go to crowdfund the repair.

what's with the f***ing bongs?

Stop bumming me out, man

If the thing is ready, ring it. If it's not, don't. But if you're fixing it, don't suddenly decide with 2 weeks to go to crowdfund the repair.

If there is a chance that the bong could come flying out of the tower thing and land on Johnson, then I'll give them a tenner

ITS IN THE PAPER!!

not linkable atm but it might make other papers soon

the fella was the dad apparently and he came back to help

It got in the daily mail!!!! You read the daily mail?

The echo got all the facts wrong I’m told but the pictures are cool

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/01/17/range-rover-smashed-six-cars-drove-gym-car-park-12076035/amp/