By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Random low content stuff

Swan Red

My white mother-in-law pronounced last night that she doesn't understand why black players are so "precious" about bananas being thrown at them. Says the best response would be just to eat the banana.

Didn't someone do that once and get booked?

No worries if you don't want to discuss it here but are your inlaws still your inlaws? Seemed to remember you were breaking free?

Just had a LONG conversation with Mrs P who is trying to claim that we shouldn’t like Brian Eno because he shot someone although she can’t remember who. Any ideas, fellas?

Edit - she thinks he may have shot Phil Spector

It’s because he’s an anti-semite, as previously discussed

You’ve got mixed up

I’d tell you to f*** off but you’ve probably only just got your bed sheets clean after your last episode

Could have sworn....

Oh well, must have been the multi verse

I tell you what has almost certainly happened

You were thinking about me again instead of your missus, at a crucial time, and that’s how the mix up happened

Like, it kind of seeped through in to your subconscious

Just opened this thread for the first time and read through the last few posta. Not quite sure what to make of it.

http://news.sky.com/story/trans-man-gives-birth-after-using-female-sperm-donor-11897122

I have read that through the article a couple of times and "not quite sure what to make if it " either???

My white mother-in-law pronounced last night that she doesn't understand why black players are so "precious" about bananas being thrown at them. Says the best response would be just to eat the banana.

My good friend John Chiedoze told me he could have opened a stall in Covent Garden with the amount of bananas that were thrown at him by West Ham fans. He laughs about it which is good for him but truly a sign of how a black player was expected to deal with it back in the day. Laughing it off was simply self preservation.

Nowadays of course people get the raging f*cking hump over it, and it still isn't enough. Tell your MIL her age is no excuse.

Sounds like a very deliberate move to recast a left-wing holiday as a right-wing one.

Yes and tbh it's not like you're over whelmed with holidays over there if you need to do one for VE day do that as well as May day

Fair play to them. 

People will go postal about her dragging him away from the royal family though. Those Union Jack-bedecked maniacs who sleep outside Windsor Castle every wedding will have torches and pitchforks out.

Edited by Stevie H

Good luck to them and that, whilst I've never bought into the overly simplistic 'The press killed my mother' stuff he comes out with, I get why he feels that way and the coverage they have had has been predictably vile. I'd be quite happy to never have to hear about them again.

Why do they need to 'work to become financially independent' though? They already have obsence wealth and privilege, in his case funded almost entirely off the back of stuff that has been taken from the people, be it taxes or land or whatever. Cut the ties and crack on with whatever you want to do. It doesn't even seem as though those who would presumably have to agree to this halfway house were even aware this was coming.

We'll see how it pans out but it sounds awfully like 'Please leave us alone to continue to enjoy the lavish lifestyle that you have provided and you'll hear from us as and when it suits us'.

Obviously this is all set in the context of me struggling to have anything but a mixture if contempt for and cynicism about the monarchy.

Edited by kop205