By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Random low content stuff

Swan Red

Mrs T got a cab home from Heathrow Terminal 5 a couple of hours ago.

The cabby had arrived at Heathrow at 9am Monday, and waited 50 hours for a £100 fare. He said he was really going to struggle today as we live a couple of miles from his house so the temptation to go home was huge. 

1 hour ago, Tosh said:

Mrs T got a cab home from Heathrow Terminal 5 a couple of hours ago.

The cabby had arrived at Heathrow at 9am Monday, and waited 50 hours for a £100 fare. He said he was really going to struggle today as we live a couple of miles from his house so the temptation to go home was huge. 

50 hours? 😳

Yeah, definite fake.  They can change colour for camouflage but it's in a narrow band, brown to dark brown, green to dark green, mainly adjusting to light conditions to blend in better.  Their biggest colour displays are reserved for face-offs between males or for courtship displays.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redwire said:

Yeah, definite fake.  They can change colour for camouflage but it's in a narrow band, brown to dark brown, green to dark green, mainly adjusting to light conditions to blend in better.  Their biggest colour displays are reserved for face-offs between males or for courtship displays.

Lovely bit of knowledge. 

I remember watching a shuttle landing when I was in Dallas. It landed in (I think) California but the streak whizzing across the sky was amazing. Like a neon vapour trail. 
Mother-in-law used to work at Rockwell Systems and so watched most of the early shuttle launches from Cape Kennedy/Canaveral on a corporate jolly

On 10/11/2020 at 16:22, Swipe said:

Can anyone recommend any good wifi extenders/boosters? We have the top tier virgin broadband, but it's a bit spotty in the bedroom. 

Some of the mesh things are very dear. Are they worth It or can I do the same thing with a couple of adaptors? 

So based on this thread I've just bought these which seem to get consistently good reviews......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M5-Coverage-Replacement-Antivirus/dp/B071241G3R

• Like 1