By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Random low content stuff

Swan Red

5 minutes ago, scoose said:

Dont know where to put this but does anyone know where I can order B12 Ampoules from? seems like they are hard to get unless you are a medical professional

Don’t those Berocca tablets have a high % RDI of B12 or do you need something super-strength?

10 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Don’t those Berocca tablets have a high % RDI of B12 or do you need something super-strength?

I need injections about once a fortnight by the look of it. The NHS wont provide and superdrug charge £29 per injection the robbing c**** when it costs about £15 online for 5 ampoules. You cant seem to order online from legit places though without being a medical professional. Pain in the f***ing a***

Edited by scoose

2 hours ago, scoose said:

I need injections about once a fortnight by the look of it. The NHS wont provide and superdrug charge £29 per injection the robbing c**** when it costs about £15 online for 5 ampoules. You cant seem to order online from legit places though without being a medical professional. Pain in the f***ing a***

Someone's taking you for a ride there mate - I always get mine in my arm 😉

• Haha 1

On 21/03/2024 at 14:38, Gethin said:

I know it pretty well - how long are you there for and what are you planning to do?

To an extent it doesn't really matter where you stay as the city has a fantastic public transport system - with buses, trams, tube (u-Bahn) and local services (s-Bahn) covered on the same ticket. My mate lives on the eastern outskirts and it only takes 25 mins to get into town on the s-Bahn

So booked some place called Le Meridien. If you've any recommendations for the area, do shout! Cheers.

On 21/03/2024 at 14:59, Gethin said:

Hotel wise, stay away from places near the two train stations (Hauptbahnhoff and Ostbahnhoff - not particularly dodgy just noisy)

2 minutes ago, Swipe said:

So booked some place called Le Meridien. If you've any recommendations for the area, do shout! Cheers.

*right* outside the main entrance Hauptbahnhoff 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Seriously though you'll be fine - it's walking distance from everything in the centre we talked about in the thread. What time of year you going? You're only about half a mile from the Oktoberfest site (Theresienwiese) so they may well be building the rides and beer tents when you're there. Worth wandering over for a look if they are - the scale of it is astonishing

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gethin said:

*right* outside the main entrance Hauptbahnhoff 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Seriously though you'll be fine - it's walking distance from everything in the centre we talked about in the thread. What time of year you going? You're only about half a mile from the Oktoberfest site (Theresienwiese) so they may well be building the rides and beer tents when you're there. Worth wandering over for a look if they are - the scale of it is astonishing

Only going overnight but should be a fairly easy day work wise. Should have time to get to some taverns. 

Going the week Arsenal are at Bayern. Would have stayed longer if there was any chance of a ticket at a normal enough price but alas. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, scoose said:

Why are you not being prescribed them if you need it? Get it on a prescription which I assume you have to pay for and pay for that monthly prescription subscription thing so you don't get stung £9 a pop

13 hours ago, Nebraska Red said:

Princess of Wales is undergoing treatment for cancer.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

If it were Trump, Netanyahu or Putin for example I'd be cool with it. But it's a given a young mother of three gets all the help and best wishes in the world.

• Like 1

It is a bit funny that this time last week she was “(where’s) Kate” to becoming overnight “Catherine, Princess of Wales”

The media are suddenly all serious…

Edited by Tosh

14 minutes ago, Tosh said:

It is a bit funny that this time last week she was “(where’s) Kate” to becoming overnight “Catherine, Princess of Wales”

The media are suddenly all serious…

They found a heart. Don't expect it to last too long.

• Like 1

Just seen that breakdancing is going to be an Olympic event in the forthcoming Olympics. 

I certainly enjoyed watching it back in the day, and still do to be fair - was in a bar fairly recently and they had a screen showing a constant loop of old footage of it and it was really hard to stop watching it (much to the annoyance of Ms Tommok), but it's a quite surprising addition as an Olympic event. I'll deffo watch it tho. 

With the fairly recent addition of skateboarding and the previous addition of BMX - both of which have been really good Olympic events, it does feel like lots of 80's throwbacks in the Olympics so actually I guess breakdancing was the next logical step. I look forward to scratching being the next new Olympic event. 

Edited by Tommok

20 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Just seen that breakdancing is going to be an Olympic event in the forthcoming Olympics. 

I certainly enjoyed watching it back in the day, and still do to be fair - was in a bar fairly recently and they had a screen showing a constant loop of old footage of it and it was really hard to stop watching it (much to the annoyance of Ms Tommok), but it's a quite surprising addition as an Olympic event. I'll deffo watch it tho. 

With the fairly recent addition of skateboarding and the previous addition of BMX - both of which have been really good Olympic events, it does feel like lots of 80's throwbacks in the Olympics so actually I guess breakdancing was the next logical step. I look forward to scratching being the next new Olympic event. 

Cornhole, ladders or darts up next IMHO.

True athletic prowess on display.

14 hours ago, Nebraska Red said:

Cornhole, ladders or darts up next IMHO.

True athletic prowess on display.

Darts was actually being considered for the 2024 Olympics but doesn't look like it made it 

1 minute ago, Tommok said:

Darts was actually being considered for the 2024 Olympics but doesn't look like it made it 

Yeah, apparently there was a last minute 180 from the IOC

:badoomtish:

• Haha 4

Always wanted snooker to get the nod from the IOC because I wanted Bill Werbeniuk to be an Olympic athlete so I guess the modern day equivalent is Luke Littler. 

• Like 1

Bad news

I've not been feeling my best over the last few days, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been admitted into hospital and they are keeping me in. 

I have only gone and poisoned myself, thanks to my poor cooking skills. What I thought was an onion for my salad turned out to be a daffodil bulb - they said I should be out early spring.

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Nebraska Red said:

Bad news

I've not been feeling my best over the last few days, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been admitted into hospital and they are keeping me in. 

I have only gone and poisoned myself, thanks to my poor cooking skills. What I thought was an onion for my salad turned out to be a daffodil bulb - they said I should be out early spring.

Blooming heck 😉