By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Herzlichen willkommen Herr Klopp

Flasher

21 minutes ago, LFCNeil90 said:

Even if we "just" win the league cup, there should be a parade for him. Even if we don't win a thing.

He deserves so much more than he's had

He deserves a parade where everyone follows the bus into town. Everyone there.

1 hour ago, Ed the Wool said:

f***ing hell lads, I feel sad this morning. 

Want more than anything to see him go out on a high. 

(And then announce a 1 year sabbatical). 

Hard to watch the interview with him, but when he talks about wanting to try a normal life, I can totally get it, but I think after a break, he's going to want to get back. He'll recharge his batteries, but he's a football man, he'll get bored of the normal life and I don't see him staying out of football for too long.  So then it's about what happens next. 

2 minutes ago, Zoob said:

Hard to watch the interview with him, but when he talks about wanting to try a normal life, I can totally get it, but I think after a break, he's going to want to get back. He'll recharge his batteries, but he's a football man, he'll get bored of the normal life and I don't see him staying out of football for too long.  So then it's about what happens next. 

Yeah I think that is right re the batteries.

’m not sure I can face watching us play at the minute! Sure that’ll pass though. 

3 minutes ago, Ed the Wool said:

Yeah I think that is right re the batteries.

’m not sure I can face watching us play at the minute! Sure that’ll pass though. 

I'm sure it will pass, because this is a special team, who hopefully will do even more to make sure we win stuff so Klopp can get a trophy(s) parade before he leaves. 

It's after Klopp that I wonder about. Football is so broken, like the soul has been sucked out of it by the likes of Chelsea, and City. Corrupt and useless governing bodies and officials. Micah Richards existing on our TV.  Klopp is and was such a breath of fresh air. Right from the start, he has always been genuinely special. In what he's done for the club, how we've played, what we've won, how he conducts himself as a human...  Hard to think about starting again after Klopp. Will we end up with another spoofer like Rodgers, or someone even worse (like Ten Haag)... I want to savor what is left, and it's what comes after that I'm not sure I want to face. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, EC_Red said:

Turns out I’ll always wonder what the best manager in my lifetime would have done here if he’d been properly backed with transfer funds.

Anyway, Emery anyone?

His time at Arsenal will go against him but he's more qualified than most being mentioned. 4 Europa League wins.

Feels surreal this morning. Everything was going so well. There were times last season where he looked like he was done. One game in particular, Spurs I think, where he seemed so utterly fed up that I thought he was going to resign in the post match presser. But this season the spark is back. He’s been brilliant. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Did anyone ask yesterday in the presser why they are announcing it now?

Yeah it was something along the lines of ‘you can’t keep these things secret forever, eventually you have to tell people’

11 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season as much now. The players heads must be a bit f***ed. The pressure is to win the league is far higher now.

Yeah the stakes on everything now have been massively raised. It’s really not good.

He made football fun again and joy to be part of. I think that’s another problem with whoever likely follows him, won’t have that same level of bond, and give us that level of fun about being supporters again. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

He made football fun again and joy to be part of. I think that’s another problem with whoever likely follows him, won’t have that same level of bond, and give us that level of fun about being supporters again. 

If we win a league or European Cup we'll have a connection with the new manager. I love Klopp but I loved Rafa just as much, and they're completely different characters.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ombudsam said:

What do you think this “normal life” is Jurgen? Look at us all here. This is normality. Is this really what you want?

He'll be registering on here and moaning in match threads next season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season as much now. The players heads must be a bit f***ed. The pressure is to win the league is far higher now.

Do we not think the players might have known back in November when he had made his decision? 

It might be the reason why we have been so good at getting through games. 

Jurgens pre match team talks have already been done for the remainder of the season anyway.