By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Joe Gomez

Dan

10 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Not sure if it was off the bench but think it was, a clear 'Joe wake the f*** up' screamed at him early in the second half. 

Wow, didn't realise my voice carried that far.

(From home)

• Haha 5

Sadly as he looked incredibly promising a few years ago, he has become a complete liability and needs to go. This team seems to have lost its character, Joe was always one of the quieter lads anyway, but with senior players struggling he looks weak and uncertain.

A lot of that might be due to the repeated major knee injuries and not trusting his body. It’s a shame as he seems a nice lad but he absolutely should not be playing here anymore, he has been bad for 2-3 years.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 2

If FSG stay, and continue their sell to buy policy, Joe is one I'd definitely be looking to sell.

Should still get a decent wedge for him.

If money is no object to our new imaginary owners you could justify keeping him as cover for RB/CB.

5 hours ago, D.Boon said:

First goal was all Vinicios. Rio Ferdinand can spout as much b******s about getting tighter all he likes. It was a great goal. Second goal was all Ali. After that everyone in the team s*** their pants.

Rubbish, we had three players surrounding him and they let him shoot

4 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Not sure if it was off the bench but think it was, a clear 'Joe wake the f*** up' screamed at him early in the second half. 

That was Hendo. A very clear north east accent. 

24+ hours later. He can still f*** off. 

5 hours ago, RedHarvest said:

Nah that goal was absolutely lethal, so fast...we've all seen Mo do that to better defenders than Joe

Even Klopp said we should've stopped him, Gomez was going back on his heels - imagine Konate in that scenario, he'd be straight to him. 

56 minutes ago, mofus77 said:

24+ hours later. He can still f*** off. 

Even Klopp said we should've stopped him, Gomez was going back on his heels - imagine Konate in that scenario, he'd be straight to him. 

He wouldn't. It's a brilliant goal.

There's physically nothing wrong with him either. Unless the injury was to his brain.

Edited by D.Boon
  • Like 1

I've given up on him quite a while ago and I don't think he'll ever be what we need.  

I'd have preferred to start Matip against Madrid. It'd probably go to s*** as well given his recent form but in some way it'd be easier as it was the old one soon to be replaced.

I'd hire a quack doctor and prescribe Gomez a rainforest and Ayahuasca or just sell him. 

• 5 months later...

This lad should be the answer to all sorts of questions for us. He’s excelled at RB, CB and LB for us. He’s been terrific in a 3 for England.

If he got back to himself then he’s better suited to that Konate role than Konate.

I really hope he can show what he showed before.

Just now, sammy & a said:

This lad should be the answer to all sorts of questions for us. He’s excelled at RB, CB and LB for us. He’s been terrific in a 3 for England.

If he got back to himself then he’s better suited to that Konate role than Konate.

I really hope he can show what he showed before.

You missed off the bit about how he's always injured.

Just now, Dan said:

You missed off the bit about how he's always injured.

I also missed the bit about how that Napoli performance was disqualifying from ever being allowed to play football again. 

I hope we never have to do battle as lawyers on opposing sides in a court room. Your one line skewering nearly ruined everything. 

• Haha 1